Minor/Repaint: FoC Bruticus "Arm-Cannon" mode

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by HopelessHavoc, Aug 10, 2012.

1. HopelessHavoc

HopelessHavoc Junior Spaceman

Video Tutorial:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjvL0eIee-Q

[​IMG]

start with Blast-Off in shuttle mode. Untab the wings and begin to rotate them downward on the legs' thigh swivels

[​IMG]

continue to fold the wings around to the underside of the shuttle. Use the hinge joints on the wings to create the top surface of the cannon. You will need to fiddle with the angle of his knees to align the wings just right to form the front of the arm-cannon.

[​IMG]

Untabbing the thruster section where the silver paint starts also gives you a slight elbow joint, plus the arm still retains the bicep swivel and ratchet joints at the shoulder.

[​IMG]

For the cannon barrel I used the gun from BotCon 2012 Soundwave. It's the same gun that came with Universe Ironhide/Ratchet. But a variety of weapons can fit in that space. Try some different weapons and find one you like best :) 

[​IMG]

Use the double hinge joint to collapse the Vortex arm.

[​IMG]

Now you should have an arm-cannon that closely resembles the in-game model. As well as the Vortex arm being more accurate too.

[​IMG]

Remove Onslaught's hands from the pegs on the back. Then rotate the arms downward. It will take a bit of work to get the arms to fit snug to the abdomen, but it can be done. Remember to use the waist swivel to your advantage. Also, Onslaught's elbows are on tiny ball joints and tend to pop off easily.

[​IMG]

All that's left to do is add the combo-gun to the Vortex hand to cover it, and you're left with a pretty mean looking Bruticus.

[​IMG]

I hope this was helpful :)  It really all comes down to personal preference. I just happened to like the way this looked and thought I would share it. Thanks for viewing!

Attached Files:

2. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the ultimate Bruticus transformation. Great job, Havoc, I've loved it ever since I first saw it. And your photography skills sure don't make it look any worse.

3. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

Saved to computer, because I'm definitely getting them now! :D 

4. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should also post this on the Mistransformations Thread in the Toys section if you haven't. There's a number of options for making the Gestalt look better.

TBH... all these mistransformations look faaaaar better than their intended "official" modes. Almost makes me think I'll keep my Bruticus if/when I get him.

5. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 Yellow ♡ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    not bad bro

6. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Thanks a bunch!

7. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    thank god. i thought i was gonna have to mod this guy. good thing i picked up that Universe 'Hide for 6 bucks :D 

:bowdown:  thank you Havoc. thank you

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thing is you would need that gun or something close to it, otherwise it kind of doesnt work but nice job though.

also brawl is not transformed correctly but im sure that is how you like yours?

9. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    yeah that's how a lot of people are transforming their Brawl's. i believe it was Vangelus who started that (whoever it was is a Bruticus hipster now :p )

10. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    That's pretty neat it makes him a lot more cleaner now.

11. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

Don't think it was vangelus, he doesn't have a video review up.

12. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    then it that case it was Optibotimus cause i know Peaugh didn't do it like that

13. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Actually they both did it like that, Peaugh just took the treads that were in the back of brawl and folded them in the back so, Brawl could be more stable and looks a bit more "Transformed".

14. truesoundwave

truesoundwave the true word.....

mhhhh

this might make it worth it......:dj 

15. lugNUTS92

lugNUTS92 Wrecker

You have made these toys a MUST buy for me again :D  what can be done to fill out the knee on Brawl's leg mode??

16. Deceptigtar

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's what I got and more info tomorrow I am tired...
    [​IMG]

17. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

These mods amd a custom paint job will make this look entirely game accurate.

18. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    TELL ME NOW!! :lol  just tried it with Ironhide's gun. fucking awesome. not as good as Soundwave's but better than Ratchet's

19. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I did a less intrusive modified transformation. I transformed Blastoff the same way, but then I folded the Bruticus fist halves out. If you'll notice, they are facing upside down. Assemble the mega gun with so that it spreads across with the Brawl gun in the middle, blast off guns on each side of that and Vortex blades on the outside of them. The width is just wide enough so that you can put the pegs on the vortex blades into the fist halves and make it look like a giant gun hand, rather than a giant gun in a hand.

20. Deceptigtar

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    alright here is what i did. the part i used was the left arm from a beast machines motorcycle drone. i removed the yellow fingers and took the arm off the ball socket. i then took the only screw out of the arm to allow it to separate but not come completely apart as this is held together at the top with the black cap.

all i simply did was then separate the arm enough so that it went over blast offs crotch/waist, like in the picture and fits perfectly. now granted, it make the piece look weird but this is mostly hidden by his legs when configuring the arm.

the other end of the cycle drones arm does look better a little, but in order to use that side some cutting and moding to the arm of the drone would be needed where this quick stand in requires no cutting.

one cool thing is that he can still transform into alt mode and it will stay put and looks like a cool booster.

The first pics are to show how it all works out and then i did a quick paint of the piece to blend it in a little more.

Again just kind of an idea, but i think i will reverse the cycle drone arm and mod it so the other end sticks out as the flamethrower end.

So until someone in shapeways of a 3P creates a piece we will have to just keep trying!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]