Minor/Repaint: FOC Battle Runner (Beachcomber)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wheeljack2010, Jul 22, 2012.

1. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

UPDATE ON PAGE 2

Well, since beachcomber doesn't fit anywhere else but on earth, and these guys are on Cybertron-hence the name change. Picture him as a fast little scout that can either do surveillance or run out and gather the dead and wounded in the battles. Not much of a heavy hitter, but then again neither was ol' BC.

Tried to do my ol' buddy Zac's (SonofNemesis) style, and figured I'd do his BC since their was a couple requests for that posted in his WFC Hound post. Don't think it turned out as good as his work, but i like it none the less and it's always good to try new techniques. Have been wanting to try this glow technique forever, and since TJMAXX had the HA Half-track for $6, I figured what the hell. Did this guy really quick and all today. In fact- bought the figure about 12 hours ago as I post this. Some of that time was also used to make the changes to my Skyfire I just posted as well. I think he'd look better if i had Zac's dim lighting and black background (his trademark of late) as it works extremely well for the glow effect. Seems it really makes the glow "pop" out at you that way. Definitely need to invest in a light tent from e-bay. Ah well, Hope you guys dig em', as always, let me know what you think, cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. darkhart187

darkhart187 autobot protector

ide switch out his wheels for foc optimus, bumblebee or soundwave to give him that more cybertron look other than that looks good

3. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Looks really good WJ! I like that you thought to change his name since Beachcomber on a planet without beaches would be dumb.

4. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ^You never know what could be at the edge of the sea of rust. Nice work on the little guy.

5. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Pretty good Jazz head!

6. wheeljack2010

Thanks guys!

I'm gonna try and give him a little more glow effects all around. After looking at Zac's Hound again, it seems the more of them you do, the more the effect stands out. I'll post some after pics later.

7. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

Actually, it's a FansProject Warcry's head.

8. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

That's an excellent idea...I might end up doing that myself.

Good work Jason, it's always beneficial to experiment with new things when it comes to customs. Plus a black background with white daylight bulbs in a dark room is the best picture setting for glow effect customs :) 

9. wheeljack2010

Thanks my man. Definately need a better picture setup than what I got, especially for these types of customs. I actually got a junker WFC Optimus I might use for the new tires.

I'm jumping to a new project at the moment, but will come back to this one shortly. The new project is a WFC/FOC styled Hound, but made from a different mold. Not sure how this is going to look painted up, but it's a TFC Shadow Rollar figure with a RTS Mindset head and a added shoulder cannon. The fun part of this is that there's ports and pegs disguised on this guy everywhere, so you can really load him up with ammo! More soon!

10. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Very nice needs to be a produced figure.

11. wheeljack2010

paint update!

Added a few more lighting effects to the figure and shot the pics in dimmer light to hopefully not drown it out as much. I like him alot more now:) 
    Also posted a pic of my WIP wfc Hound.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files: