FML! 2nd bad Xfire Explorer in a row!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Sep 17, 2010.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So two weeks ago I get my FP Xfire set, and I'm a kid in a candy store. I immediately notice these cracks on the figure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I make arrangements to exchange it. I get my replacement in the mail today, check the troubled area, and it's all good, so I begin folding down the arms and now this!
    [​IMG]
    See those vertical lines above the pins in the elbows. Yeah those are cracks!

I can't win! What really sucks is how awesome the figures are! I want to buy a 2nd set, but there is no way I will if I end up stuck with this! It's not the sellers fault, but I can see where he'd want to wash his hands of it.

No I'm not transforming it wrong. If I was I'd eat it, and this post would be to warn others on how not to do it. But I'm doing it correctly and the cracked joints have never been moved by me yet. If you transform it properly the arms will bend at the ball joint, which they did.

I wish FP didn't use these cheap ass hollow pins. They are tons cheaper cost wise over solid pins, but they expand under the pressure it takes to insert them.

-=FINALLY=-
    [​IMG]
    Considering I pre-ordered this thing in march it sure was one hell of a wait!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

3. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

i have the same problem with my first one an am sending it back to be replaced this week.

Let me know how it goes for you.

4. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so for the guy who bought 2 cases, hahaha your screw bro. well to be serious, looks like everyone else on the board who got one was good? so only 2 cases out of how many million pieces they sold?

5. zealottoyou

zealottoyou Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ouch, now you made me worried. Mine was sitting with TFSource until Oct and by the time i get them there probably won't be any exchange available if it screws up.

6. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Man that sucks, just checked mine- no problem

7. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah everyone check yours now before they run out. otherwise you are all screw, about returning them for a replacement. im glad i didnt buy those sets yet. i will wait until i hear more of the quality controls.

8. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD Lockdown's #1 Fan

Who can I talk to about customs?

9. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

That sux alot man. I just checked mine and everything is fine. Thankfully I will be keeping mine in Bruticus mode for a while.

10. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:

foot & mouth'd!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  11. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wait ur telling someone to hurry before they sell out, but yet you're waiting to hear more about quality control? are you kidding me?

did you ever get your dark rodmius armor set preordered?

12. zealottoyou

zealottoyou Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  13. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  14. kmoua7

kmoua7 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My Explorer had 2 cracks along the hinge on its left wing out of the box. I got a replacement and luckily the 2nd one seems to be fine, although now the right wing is a little too tight when I fold them so I'm extra careful. I'm afraid it might crack at that hinge in the future. These figures do seem a little fragile. I never notice it before you mentioned it but I agree about the hallow pins, I do hope they move on to solid pins with future releases.

Edit: Awww great I just checked my replacement figure's elbows and his right elbow has that crack as well. I guess it's not only you, as this was also my 2nd figure. I made special care to transform these correctly and gently so I know I didn't exert too much force anywhere while transforming these. At this point I'm just gonna live with it though, it's probably too much to ask for another replacement. These might have more QC issues than people realize after all. One have to take the time to really inspect for these small cracks to see them though, I would have never noticed it if you didn't point it out to me. I also wanted to make a note that for people checking theirs, make sure you check at the elbow joint and not the should joint, I missed it the first couple times I looked at it as I was looking at the shoulder joint. They both look very similar but it's the elbow joint that has the issue not the shoulder joint.

15. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    haven't checked mine yet for cracks. i probably wouldn't care if i find them.

16. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My gray hinges for the mid back pieces have cracks in them. Going to apply dots of super glue using a toothpick. Sure it's from me being heavy handed. Sucks it's only been transformed 3 times maybe. Oh well I can make it work.

17. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    See stuff like this make it hard for me order a set...and I like them,make bruticus a million times better...if I hear more problem, than I might sell my misb bruticus....

18. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

argh just checked mine, i got the crack on munitioner's foot and explorer's arm, i wish instead of sending the whole thing back and try our lucks with the next sets, we can just exchange the broken part... i wonder how much money bbts and fans project are loosing just for the replacements for the simple qc issue.

19. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn that sucks man. I hope everyone can get a replacement.

20. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    another epic fail....the first was that set that everyone was hot for that looked like the inside of the ark....and now this crap...i feel for everyone that has this problem....for the price being charged they should not have gone with cheap crappy hollow pins...