Heavy/Scratch: Flywheels wip

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Trikeboy, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

EDIT: I have done minor modifications to Hatchet so he can combine with Hailstorm. I put a removed pin through the body and drilled a hole in the nose cone to plug into. That is the only thing holding the two together and I am able to pick it up by the tail fins. It is very sturdy. I also glued the parts of the front of the jet since I had to do some mods to make the nose cone point down. You can also see him next to the wip head I'm making that I will be uploading to Shapeways soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got my first component for my Flywheels custom arrived and I have been tinkering. I'm inspired by Spurt Reynolds design but I have added my own twist to it. What's the fun in doing a carbon copy :) . I don't have my jet, which will be DOTM Hatchet but I hope it will arrive soon. I have used parts from ROTF Swindle (tank mold from Bruticus Maximus), namely the forearms, feet and guns and the hinges that used to hold the tank treads. I didn't like the forearms that came with the original toy, it's look was too movieverse and wouldn't fit the classic shelf he is going on which is why I swapped the arms. I really enjoy transforming the tank mode and I'm sure I will really enjoy completing it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bot mode front

[​IMG]

Bot mode back

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. imoff2186

imoff2186 Well-Known Member

I like where this is going!

3. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    :popcorn 

4. mstyger87

mstyger87 mastercon

this is looking really good dude, look forward to seeing it completed :) 

5. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks cool so far

6. Trikeboy

Got my Hatchet today and took a quick look at it to see how much i would have to mod it. It doesn't need much but I will have to do something about the nose cone. I would like to do some mods to the underside of the jet to look less movieverse so I will see what I can do with that too. It is made up of pins so it's going to be a pain do disassemble. Oh well, it looks good so far with out mods.

7. Trikeboy

updated first post with progress pics