Florida Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Drake, Jan 3, 2003.

1. GuardianMonkey

GuardianMonkey Well-Known Member

that's rather unfortunate to find, that they are still involved with the store. on the other hand, and as mirage426 noted, their prices are outrageous. they took advantage of me on a sale a number of years ago, then burned me on a return. coupled with all the other nonsense they are up to, it makes me sad that this is one of the "go to" places in orlando for toys and collectibles :( 

anyway, if anybody spots the Megaconstrux Heroes series 4 (which has Hellboy and Evilyn and Man-at-arms) or the Megaconstrux Wind Raider, please let me know! i have hit local Walmarts for the past week and, despite Brickseek saying otherwise, i've come up empty!

• Like Like x 1
  2. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up Siege Prime yesterday, and today I realized he’s missing parts. So, if anybody sees another in Central Florida, please let me know!

3. NothingHead

News Credits:

If anybody finds themselves in Longwood and is looking for a toyhunting experience that supports small local business, but doesn’t have all the baggage of financing a felon’s commissary purchases or makes you feel like you were just mugged, Please check out Davie’s Toys out that way.

It’s a small shop, but the owner is a terrific guy and there are a lot of hidden gems on his shelves. His prices are great, and he is extremely fair on trades. I have dropped off a huge chunk of my collection there, and it was definitely worth the store credit. I walked out with some great, rare pieces. He does not really do comic books or table top stuff, but there are plenty of refurbish board games, and some great video games. There are also a lot of children’s toys in great shape, both new and vintage.

That all aside, I have not seen Man At Arms or Evil Lyn, Monkey; however, Hellboy was at Colonial/Alafaya Walmart not too long ago. If I see it again, I can grab it for you.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GuardianMonkey

GuardianMonkey Well-Known Member

thanks for the recommendation, i'll definitely be checking them out! and hey, if you come across them, i'm gunning for nearly the whole wave (Hellboy, Kratos, Man-at-Arms, and Lyn) but those Masters of the Universe are *necessary* for me to hold my head up high as a He-Man collector. they are supposedly making a Grayskull soon!

5. NothingHead

News Credits:
    Will do! I definitely saw a Beast Man there, because he’s my favorite character and I was debating going back. I am going to run around today, and see if I can’t find a replacement Optimus for this one and I will give a shout if I find something!

6. mirage426

mirage426 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Saw a Prime and Megatron at the Target in Cassleberry

• Like Like x 1
  7. NothingHead

News Credits:
    I had just left the house when I saw your reply, and I managed to pick the last one up! Thank you for your help.

FYI to everyone: the first Optimus I picked up was missing several of the translucent covers for his vehicle mode lights, had a huge stress mark going all the way through one panel from front to back, and the panel his head is attached to it was very loose. The second one that I picked up to replace the first had the pins for his front windshield panels shot through crooked, so they did not close properly and were misaligned. It also had a floppy arm. I managed to Frankenstein one perfect figure from the two, and I wind total mutant that I am returning to the Fashion Square Target later. I doubt that it will find its way back onto the shelves, since Target seems to not do such things with open merchandise, but beware of any Optimus Primes you buy from that location, all the same.

Normally, I don’t run into as many quality control issues as other people seem to. This is the first time I have bought such a seriously defective transformer, only to have the subsequent replacement be just as bad. I don’t know if this is about to become a chronic issue, but you guys might want to take precautions just to be safe. I have heard of people picking up Sodeswipe and having a problem where his feet snap right off, but I think that might be a fundamental flaw his design because if you had handled the toy yet it definitely feels as if you are going to snap those feet off when you flatten them out for transformation.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

North Tampa:

Nothing new at Wesley Chapel Super Target

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    I'm flying into Orlando tomorrow for a family vacation. Are there any stores in that area that carry MP or 3rd party MP stuff? Thanks hun in advance !

10. NothingHead

News Credits:
    No 3P MP stuff on the shelves around here at the moment. Toys R Us was our main brick-&-mortar resource for MP stuff around here and nobody has really stepped up to the plate just yet. You may find some older stuff at a place called Mike’s, but the only reason it’s there is because it’s too expensive. We do have two Thinkgeeks around here, and their inventory is *just* different enough to warrant checking both. They often have high-end TF stuff.

One store has some older 3P stuff at the moment, but we were just now discussing how some of us have a problem shopping there, or even recommending it to visitors. It’s going to be way more expensive than shopping online if you do go there, and know that the owner is currently in jail for killing two women... so yeah, serious ethical issues there.

If you manage to go to the parks, Epcot has some transformer toys in the Japan pavilion, but they will be extremely expensive. Likewise, Universal Studios has the Transformers Supply Vault; they are expensive as well, but they feature a lot of exclusive merchandise and toys.

11. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    It's also worth noting that the toy selection in both EPCOT and USF is severely delayed; in particular, despite having a working relationship with Hasbro, Supply Vault has no Siege figures, last I checked, but plenty of stock from the last couple of waves of Power of the Primes.

12. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    There's one MP Ramjet at Epic Comics in the Waterford Towers in East Orlando.

13. Beetle

Beetle MACH Daddy

News Credits:
    Walmart on Red Rd north of Palmetto (Miami):

5 G1 Reissue Optimus
    1 Siege Ultra Magnus
    1 Siege Megatron
    1 Siege Skytread
    1 Siege Cog
    Several Micromasters & G1 Reissue Minibots

• Like Like x 1
  14. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    Crosshill Target has a fresh supply of Botbots multipacks.

16. Grimlock25

Grimlock25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Larghetto Walmart has the Optimus reissue. Website shows it’s in stock but not on the shelf. Employee ( apparent department manager) said it didn’t count as not the app and they didn’t have it. He said he’d still look and came back 15 minutes later with a pissed off look on his face holding it by the flap waving it up and down in a blatant attempt to damage the packaging. Found it bizarre and amusing at the same time. Oh and they had a hound cog and skytread for those looking.

Quickie review: it’s not the same pale red as the last reissue for the 25th anniversary as have heard some stated. Bit darker red then before after a comparison with my own.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NothingHead

News Credits:
    At first, I don’t get the attitude that a lot of these retail workers, especially at Walmart, have towards doing their jobs... but then, I remember having that Walmart job myself; and how they refused to give me more than 37 hours a week, how I had three bosses that didn’t coordinate with each other, how they would jump through hoops to keep me from taking days off, and how I still needed to use food stamps despite being 2 hours shy of having a full-time job.. oh, and how I randomly had to clean the toilets and they always looked like somebody’s diet consisted of old milk, Wendy’s chili, and hand grenades

18. NothingHead

News Credits:
    The terrorcons are on clearance at Targets everywhere for like $8. At that price, I figure I would be stupid to not complete the set. I know he’s from an earlier wave, but if somebody spots Rippersnapper, can you give me the heads-up or just grab him? Also looking for Cutthroat but I think I know where one is at..

19. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Saw both on clearance for about $9 this week at the Wal-Mart off Semoran and Lake Margaret as well as the one off Narcoosee.

• Like Like x 1
  20. NothingHead

News Credits:
    I pass right by the Narcoossee one on my way home from work; I’ll check it out! Thanks!

• Like Like x 1