Florida Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Drake, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Forcehunter

Forcehunter Well-Known Member

It looks to be more than one store not liquidating. Town Center in Jax said the same.

2. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Nothing new at Super Wal-Mart off East Colonial near Alafaya Trail. One Leader Rodimus.

3. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    IMO, that is scalper speak for "make sure a customer doesn't get to my stash".

Yeah, I hear ya' on that. I had to go through something quite similar in Altamonte when the Chaos on Velocitron set came out. They played dumb until I pretty much forced them to get one from the back. Man, the TRU employee that brought the one out that I bought was disappointed.

I think he knew that I knew what he was up to....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Brut79

Brut79 Well-Known Member

Looks like toys r us started there liquidation sale. The toys r us in Waterford lake is currently doing only 10 percent off. Also the transformers area is aleasal destroyed.

5. GuardianMonkey

GuardianMonkey Well-Known Member

so much for "sales." TRU is offering a paltry 10% off of (almost all) stuff to begin with. i went into the Sanford TRU as i have throughout the week and it's a mess. the people coming in are definitely not the usual toy buyers -- mostly vultures looking to scam as much stuff as they can. there were four obese men in the Funko Pops aisle, pushing each other aside to go through the leftover figures.

as an aside, i cannot wait until the Pop fad is dead and gone. those collectors are even more obnoxious that Hot Wheels guys ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My wife collects Pops.

7. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    We all have our vices, and each fandom has its zealots. Though that particular scene isn't the most savory, I wouldn't judge a whole fanbase off it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meanwhile TLK toys have been discounted at 75% OFF at Walmart....(and no they aint liquidating)

9. Forcehunter

Ha! Now I wouldn't mind seeing that chain die. Going hunting today. Will see what is out in Jax. Hopefully Shockwave and Reed made it up here.

10. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    If you have trouble with Reed shoot me a PM. I have seen him a couple times now and can grab one for you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Xanderain

Xanderain Well-Known Member

Went to Citrus Park TRU, and still plenty of stuff still left there. Probably because even with the 10% off (5% off adult toy collectables), still more expensive than anywhere else. Lots of voyager starscreams and a coupe of Grimlocks. As usual, their TF selection sucks. As sad as I am to see another part of my childhood die, as far as collecting current stuff, it isn't that big a loss. I was mourning for them long before they were going out of business...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I went into TRU just as a farewell and to buy my daughter some Journey Girl stuff. I was going to buy the classic black lion voltron for 10% off, passed. bought him this morning for $17 on clearance at target. This whole Toys R Us thing has me debating opening a toy store. I am going to have to sell most of my collection to handle my wife post cancer battle medical bills, my family has been telling me now or never to open a store.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Forcehunter

Blue Meanie, sorry to hear of your financial difficulty. Hope whatever you do works out.

My report: Both Orange Park and Town Center TRUs were packed. I only got the desert decoed Apache from True Heroes because it was the last one. Walgreens at Orange park by TRU had squat. Might go back out later.

14. autobot1024

autobot1024 Armada Addict

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well Toys R Us at the grove already has it’s going out of business signs. kinda shedded a few tears but sadly nothing new. not even studio series thundercracker. which is understandable. nothing new at bruce b downs walmart, super target or wesley chapel walmart either.

15. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Thanks, the financial stuff is the easy part believe it or not, lol. It is self imposed difficulties, I don't want her working while she recovers. I always had this idea of a transformers Museum one day, seems ridiculous in the face of that. So, in a way I am Selling off that Museum. I will still have an amazing personal collection. My big question is do I part it out, start a brick and mortar and/or webstore. The store means expanding into girls toys and all that stuff, parting it out just means cutting loose toys from my life.

Davie Walmarts have Elita and Hungurr

16. Forcehunter

Ha! I know what you mean, but for me I wanted to do a superhero library going all the way back to the pulps. I have been tracking down old movie serials and radio broadcasts in that endeavor.
    Sunday report: Jack.
    Walmart on San Jose did restock voyagers...with Titans Return Megatron!!! BAAAAAAH!
    Target on Southside Blvd really ticked me off. Only a month after I find all the classic Voltron Lions, they go on clearance. Black Lion $15, the limbs $9. How the heck? I was looking for these for a month from January to February and in March they clearance them after months of not having them in stock?

17. joncbenn

joncbenn Groovy

I’m heading down to Disney on April 2nd. Could you guys recommend some good places to get some g1 or g2 formers in the area?

18. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

Acme Comics in Longwood (about forty minutes north) is your best bet.

19. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

North Tampa:

Nothing at University Target (next to Mission BBQ)

20. Grimlock25

Grimlock25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found shockwave at Walgreens in palm harbor by the target. 1 sideswipe remaining.