Customs: Flooring Question??

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Shockwave_Ops, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Shockwave_Ops

Shockwave_Ops Well-Known Member

I am wondering what to use as a gloss black floor for some custom Star Wars foamboard projects im trying to work on with my 5 year old son. These are of the death star and he will be playing with them so I have ruled out spray painting the floor because I dont want it to flake off. I really dont know what else to use and was hoping to get some different ideas of what other people might use. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    outdoor spraypaint is made to be extra durable, or you could just seal the paint down after you were done with future floor finish.

3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    What about clear plexi ao lexan sheets. Spray paint the underside gloss black and it may have the look you need, a deep shiny black surface.

Oh yeah! I saw these big shiny black magnetic message boards at Ikea once! I think they are roughly 20 inches by 30 inches, maybe 8-9 bucks. They are metal and have a real glossy black finish and are about an inch thick, so they would make a great staging for SW figures.

EDIT!! Hah! I knew I'd seen them before.....I have one! Here's the message board used as a base for a KO Onslaught I'm working on!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  4. Shockwave_Ops

Shockwave_Ops Well-Known Member

Cool thanks guys. Ill try the plexiglass idea for now and see how that works out. Thanks again.