Flood of US G1 Jazz MIB/sealed in the bubble...what's going on?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Moonstreaker, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    These suckers have been flooding the market coming out of Asia for the past 4 to 6 weeks. I was wondering if anyone might have some insight as to where the heck they are all coming from? At this point I really am finding it hard to believe that they are all legit. Whose got the inside info?

2. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

Put some links up please because I'd like to see what you're talking about.

3. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I know what your talking about. I bought one of them myself. They seem to be old stock. I wouldn't say they are KOs because some of them have beat boxes but the majority of them are NICE. KSG has most of them so i would definitely say Old Stock.

4. Blue Meanie

I just saw the auction your talking about, it has agitated the hell out of me, I paid an extra $100 for mine. Damn.

5. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    I don't get it either. It doesn't make any sense because US G1 came in assortments, not cases of just one character.

6. Blue Meanie

YO MAN!! You could have left me one :banghead:  . I went to the gym and came back to get an extra one and they were all sold to guess who? Man you're a scalper :wink:  . they are def. Legit folks, all the GiG Sideswipes floating around they are legit.

7. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    well, someone has a shit load of gig sideswipes too, so i'm leaning towards legit. never seen a fake gig or a remake gig.

damn muscle meanie, beat me to the punch!!!

8. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    Sorry! But don't worry guys, I'm sure there will be more of these.

9. Crimson Primus

Crimson Primus Deceptinut

Links Guys Links????

10. Blue Meanie

They're gone. Mr Gaine there snatched em all up. They are in his mailbox awaiting pickup for afa grading :lol 

11. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    At that price, they were hard to resist. These are toys that would have cost 3 times that much a year ago. But like I said, there will probably be more, considering that, as the first poster said, these having been coming out of Asia for over a month now.

As for the AFA grading--maybe when my wallet stops hurting... :) 

Edit--BTW, I heard there will probably be Mirages too from these sellers! Hopefully not KO Mirages...

12. Blue Meanie

Yeah I heard that too, if its a KO mirage we'll spot em quick. Leave some for us! :lol 

13. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    Who did you hear it from? The guy I heard it from was Himawari, who posts on the Autocon mailing list. He passed by a store in Akihabara, Japan (same location as one of the guys selling the Jazzes and Italian Sideswipes), and they also had a Mirage (probably multiple).

14. Blue Meanie

No details on who the toy would be. I just asked both the guys I won them from if they got any more G1 cars like this to let me know. They both said they might be getting some more and they would let me know. When you said Mirage I just assumed thats what they were talking about.

15. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    Ah, I see.

16. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    That lot MG grabbed wasn't the first pile of Jazz that large I have seen. So like he said I'm sure there will be more. Something smells funny about though. Too many of the same character for my taste. Hopefully everything is as stated.

That's one big ass pile to be sending off to the printing press MG.

17. doomgaze_86

doomgaze_86 Well-Known Member

Is the ebay seller in question trans_form? I was looking at his about me page on ebay and I'm pretty sure he's a regular poster on sgcollect.com (a Singaporean collector's site). Could someone who won one of his auctions please PM me his actual name? I'll try and ask him about Jazz and Sideswipe if it really is him.

I just think it's kinda strange how Singaporean collectors are so amazing at finding dead stock, and yet I never seem to see them in local hobby shops or the local yahoo auctions. Case in point, this isn't the first time a Singaporean ebayer found some magical cache of MISB G1 Transformers. Some people were kinda wary of ksgj03 for his multiple Sky Garry auctions, but I've personally seen his storeroom (where he keeps all his ebay auction items) and he must have had at least 14 of them that were ready for shipping, while another was still in the display case. He had tons of MISB Takara G1 Jazzes too.

I really wish I had their kind of luck... :\

18. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    The sideswipes and jazz's have been on yjp a few weeks ago

19. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

I've been seeing these for a couple of months now myself, and was curious as to their origin. I bought one for around $300, and upon receiving the toy, it was immediately obvious it was legit. The dried, yellowed tape looked genuine, and was cut on both sides. I bought+sold a couple of them until I found one that was absolutely Mint. The Ebayers that I've seen with them are:

ksgjo3 has had several
    Anglos Toys has had several (excellent Seller BTW)
    guerre_stellani has had a few
    trans_form has had several including his bulk auction
    hollywood heroes-??? has had a couple

I have a feeling it will be a long time before G1 Jazz MOSC/MISB will be competitively priced, with other 1st Series cars, when sold at auction.

I would love to see a similar outbreak of Sunstreakers. Then I would be able to get a nice one at a decent price.

20. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Now seeing as MG bought all of them , and a very hot topic is scalping, isent MG doing the same thing as scalpers do in stores. If so then MG would be a scalper and burn in hell as some ppl state in some threads.

just a thought. //Mac