Flight Stands for Classics Seekers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MasterxBlaster, Feb 18, 2012.

1. MasterxBlaster

MasterxBlaster THUGFORMER

News Credits:
    Well i got my Tamashii Stage Act.4 set in today and have to say, THESE ARE AWESOME!! For what I was trying to accomplish, these may be a lot better then the flight pose stands (havent got those in yet)
    [​IMG]

Ok so these are the main pieces plus a base of course, I tried out the claw on the top of the pic, and that wouldn't hold the seekers in jet mode.. then I seen these other little pieces, put them together to make a new claw (the bottom pieces in the pic), and it works great.
    [​IMG]

Fits snug around his waist!
    [​IMG]

Now these things are STRONG (like Alucard had said, thanks again man) Some quick shots to show the strength of these light stands!!

Taking off
    [​IMG]

Diving (wtf!!! can't believe it holds)
    [​IMG]

Thanks again to everyone that helped me make my purchases, I'll update here once the flightpose stands come in!

2. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

Dope, where'd you order the stands from? I've been looking into getting a few of those, and the Bandai Action Base 01s.

3. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    I'm glad you posted those pictures. The Flight Pose look great, but a little clunky for the deluxe Seekers. I think they look better for larger toys, such as Classics Jetfire. I've also heard that Flight Pose stands loosen over time. I don't know if that's from over adjustment or too much weight. Anybody else experience that?

Can you remove one of the arm segments from the Tamashii Stage Act 4? I think for the deluxe Seekers it would look nicer with one less segment, or at least to add a variety of heights.

4. MasterxBlaster

News Credits:
    Right on, I ordered em from Amazon just $22 shipped (they got here with in 3days of being shipped) The set comes with 3 of everything, to make 3 different stands, great value IMO.

Here's the link:
    Amazon.com: Tamashii Stage Act 4, Stand Support Type Clear: Toys & Games

5. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    WOH! I didn't realize there were three to a set! That's a sweet deal at $7 a set...

6. MasterxBlaster

News Credits:
    I think your right about the flight pose! I just didn't know if these Tamashii stands would hold up this well!!

No you can't remove the arm segments but there so adjustable, that it doesn't matter.. heres a quick photo I just took right now.. It even comes with a straight arm!

See you can have different levels, just by adjusting the arms :) 
    [​IMG]

It comes with 3 bases also, but thought it would be cool to show that you can attach more then one arm to a base! So if you some poseable scout figs, they could fight each other in mid air haha!

7. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    Nice, thanks for letting me know and for the pics. That does look really good.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For the flight pose stands, I think you can just tighten up the screws if the legs get loose on you.

For the Tamashi stands, can you adjust the width of the grabby-claw? It looks like it but I want to make sure.

9. MasterxBlaster

News Credits:
    No problem bro!

Yeah man, the claws are fully adjustable, could grip on to legion or even a voyager!

Here's a pic i just took, to show the versatility of these stands!
    Sorry for fans that hate movie figs lol but only small semi articulate figs i had on hand!
    [​IMG]

10. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure I have the Act 4 stands but my box is white and the pieces seem more interchangeable than the pics that were posted. Also I have a GI Joe fig flying a CLAW glider and it took some maneuvering to get it to hold.

11. MasterxBlaster

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure I showed off everything that's included in the Stage Act.4 set, you may have Act.2 or something else?

It came with:
    3x bases
    3x pre assembled claws
    6x claw fingers attached to plastic tree (just have to break them off)
    3x pieces that attach to the claw fingers (for adjustable arm)
    3x pieces that attach to the claw fingers (for straight arm)
    3x adjustable arms
    3x straight arms
    4x pegs that can make you attach multiple bases

That sums it up, definitely interchangeable..

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this is slighty off topic, but had to ask.
    since the OP was asking about flight stands for seeker alt modes, i was wondering about using those Tamashii stands for my ~1:48 scale helicopter collection.

heck, if it can, i may decide to get more to display my TF's in their alt modes (like TFA Blackout, HftD Terradive & Tomahawk, etc) in flight.

13. MasterxBlaster

News Credits:
    Alucard said it held up his Voyager RTS Lugnut! So if it's about the same weight as that, should be a problem!

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is what makes the Act 4 different than the older ones - Acts 2 and 3 had swappable arm lengths that led to a lot more customization. Of course, it also made the stands less stable since the arms only plugged into the center joint and sometimes they could get loose (especially in Act 3s).

15. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    Dude, you CAN remove an arm segment. You just need a screw driver. This is what I was talking about (sorry for the terrible lighting):

[​IMG]

16. MasterxBlaster

News Credits:
    Oh wow man, never even thought of unscrewing the arms.. damn that's awesome!! Makes them even more versatile!!

Thanks for the tip brotha!

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For anybody going for the Tamashii stands, make sure you go for the Act 4s (or 5s. Although you probably won't need them to be that sturdy).

The Acts 1-3 are wimpy as all hell, due to the modular jointing structure. The hinges work fine, but the swivels go limp and fall apart under any significant weight.

18. TheBigMachine

News Credits:
    Absolutely! It's nice to leave the arm in as well, but if you want it lower, like in my photo, it just looks cleaner. Plus, like you said, it make for a more versatile display; especially if you want to have all the Seeker/Coneheads together. I'm hoping to order a set of 2.5", 4" and 6" stands from Flight Pose soon. I want to try them out with my Voyagers (2.5"), Ultras (4"), and Leaders (6"). I'm thinking it would probably take the 6" stand to accommodate ROTF Leader, Jetfire. Anybody have thoughts on what size class goes best with which Flight Pose base?

19. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    I am So wanting to get some flight stands.

20. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I didn't know you can use stage 4 also... I have been using stage 5 exclusively. I stack up the arm pieces so my seekers can get really high.