Flight of the Bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Techdread, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Techdread

Techdread Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was having a conversation recently regarding Bumblebee from the Movie continuity. He asked me why doesn't Bumblebee chose to become a jet or something with flight capabilities, I then explained the lack of mass-changing within the Movie continuity (With the exception of the All Spark). But it got me thinking as to why Cybertronians with suitable mass, such as Brawl or Optimus, aren't able to transform into flight vehicles. I would imagine that it has something to do the technology available to them, like Starscream and Blackout had alt modes capable of flight whilst they were still on Cybertron.

Does anyone have any other further ideas about this that could help with this explanation?

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the general crux of the matter is that those Autobots do not have flight capabilities in the first place. Remember, their alt-modes are merely a disguise. Presumedly they can't magically gain abilities just because their alt modes have it.

3. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

because maby they dont feel like it...

4. Techdread

Ebay:
    I thought the same, I was just wanting some clarification on the matter. Thanks

A very good point

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    maybe it is linked with their cybertronian background.
    Frenzy had more than one alt in the first movie and he stayed rather true to his mass and to his function: electronics/hacking.

The Ghetto Boyz (Skidmarks and MudintheFlap) did the same thing. similar mass and function.

There are airplanes with a similar mass to BB, but not many. and none he'd prefer.
    Prime's mass allows more choice, but i still think it is a background thing than choice.

also, wasn't the lack of flight abilities a way of driving home the point the Decepticreeps were a superior adversary, making the Autobots the underdog?

6. Techdread

Ebay:
    That makes the most sense to me, and seems the most likely. The idea of flight giving the Decepticons the advantage over the Autobots is an idea I like a lot

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That's just one of the fundementals with transformers. Fan boys would be pissed if Optimus Prime turned into a jet. The main Autobots have always been cars, and the main Decepticons are always weapons/devices/aircraft.

OHOHO! You're so funny! AHAHAHA!!! That's soooooo clever! AHAHAHAHAHA. Ha.

8. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

i got a small chuckle out of it.

9. AutobotIgnition

AutobotIgnition Autobot

I wouldn't be :D 

10. montague78

montague78 For Cybertron!!

maybe not so much bb transforming into a jet but it would have been neat if he had lil boosters to leap over buildings in a single bound!

11. Honey-Flash

Honey-Flash Yes, I'm a girl.

As stated before, Autobots (sans the late Jetfire), choose not to fly. Does it matter if he could fly? No. He does has visual similaritys to real bees though , he's yellow with black stripes and has "car door wings".

(Car Door Wings would be a good name for a band.)

12. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

If BB did turn into a jet, robot mode would NEED bee wings on it..

MTL

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It could also be that BB is too SMALL to be a jet on earth, if we assume that mass limits alt-mode adoption. Look at how big Starscream is. Fighter jets are pretty massive, bombers, even moreso.

Or it could also be that he, as a scout, feels it would be harder to blend in as a jet, while completing his job.

If he really, really needed a flight mode, we've seen that its possible for the Autobots to switch alt-modes relatively easily, so he probably could adopt one then.

14. CreepySariFan

CreepySariFan BothersomePest

Maybe they could just give him a jetpack...oh wait. ;)