flavors of G.I. Joe

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wolfwood390, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Wolfwood390

Wolfwood390 Resident TRU Emplyee

I don't know if this has been brought up yet but I could almost see DOTM being a TF and GI Joe crossover. Obviously its not but there was very heavy human influence in the outcome of the final battle and also in the plotting of all that the decepticons brought upon earth. Could have easily been the Joes jumping/swimming into Chicago and Cobra financially ruining the space program and bringing all the other elements together.

The only issue I can think of is there would be too much going on to be faithful to either franchise.

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Lennox felt like a VERY good Duke in this movie. A "Big Brother" inspirational style, lead-by-example commander. The big fat guy could've been rewritten as Roadblock, and the SEAL team leader could've been Torpedo or Deep Six.

I personally would love to see a true GI Joe/Transformers cross over. This is the cross over that's just begging to happen in movie/animated/toy form if you ask me.

3. MaximusCrime

MaximusCrime Active Member

Well there are people who think each property should stay in it's own universe. I know that even in G1 there was a crossover (Starscobra Commander ;-) showing up in one episode), but I really think the two don't mix well. There are too many humans with way too much impact in a war between huge robots as is. I don't mind NEST or the army being involved, but I'd prefer they kept to making sure humans were safe in a defensive way and helping with tactics(because it's our earth after all) instead of attacking robots head on. This has bothered be since TF1 and was the only real downside of DOTM for me. Only way it could work for me was with TF sized mechs, but then it would be more of a Macrossover(not that that's a bad thing for me :) ).

Ofcourse it didn't help that the G.I.Joe movie left a really bad taste in my mouth. Funny thing was a friend of mine loved the G.I.Joe movie(I don't know how that's mentally possible) and hated ROTF. Although I didn't love the story op ROTF I still loved the experience so much more than I even found G.I.Joe entertaining.

EDIT: I must also admit that I never really liked G.I.Joe anyway. For me it was the half hour wait before TF started. I prefered MASK(to bad it's another brand ;-)), and I think I still do. It's a question of personal preference and I mean no harm to any fans out there, it's just how I've felt for I about 25 years.

4. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i wish bay did the joe movie as the joe movie was so bad. i always saw the nest team as the joes. thats how the joe movie should of been done.