Flat Screen TV Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by koh4711, Apr 11, 2009.

1. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Hopefully I can get some feedback from everyone here... we've recently started having trouble with our 32" Sony HD TV. We're looking to replace it this weekend, something around the same size or maybe a 37".

Does anyone here have any suggestions as to what brands we might look at? Any you'd avoid like the plague? We're strongly considering a Panasonic Viera, but we've heard a lot of good things about Toshiba for a brand that's a little lower in price, but I'm still a bit weary.

Any advice you could give would be much appreciated!

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know everything there is to know, but one time someone told me that when you're out to buy a tv, choose the one you see that has the best picture. Now, I did just that when shopping for an HDTV, and I ended up with an RCA HDLCD. Games are super crisp, of course blu-rays and stuff look great, but this also actually displays DVDs really well. In fact, I have several friends who have issues with graininess and such that doesn't occur with mine. Some purchased more expensive ones, and some cheaper, but they all thought the RCA somehow looks the best.

Someone else who may be more on top of all the ins and outs of TV's may be able to guide you better, but I would look around at TVs in your price range, that has the features you want, and choose what looks best to you on display. But as of now, my brand preference for a moderately priced TV would be RCA.

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I've got a Samsung, had it for 2 years. It's great, but the internal tuner sucks. I refuse to actually pay for programming. That is what commercials are for.

4. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would recommend a Samsung

5. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    samsung ftw. we have a 40in and it works wonderfully

6. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Samsung, hands down. Got a 46" (7 Series) and love it.

7. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I have a 42" LG LCD HDTV. It has great picture quality Bluray, and Video games. Its a nice TV got it 2 years ago and is great. Paid $1700.00 so its on the expensive side. By todays statndars for that much you can get a 52" Samsung. But for picture quality I would go for Sony, LG or Samsung.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if yer on a budget, i can tell you that for about $500 (after taxes) the RCA 32" i bought is a great bargain.
    the only downside to it is that it lacks audio out, so while i have my PS2, DVD and VCR running through a receiver, my cable TV is playing through the speakers. (i have an OLD receiver.)

but the picture, the tuner, the remote and features are great, even for a 720p set.
    and i am using it right now as a PC monitor which it handles very well.

as a bargain, it is great.

but if you can swing it, try to get a bigger TV. 42" or bigger.