Flashing pictures inside Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ET22, Dec 13, 2008.

1. ET22

ET22 New Member

Okay, so I'm watching Transformers: The Movie right now and I've noticed something strange. Here's the thing: when Unicron is devouring the planet Lithone there's a sequence when we see what seem to be a screw moving his um... "food" towards his inside. And for some odd reason this screw is flashing and when you inspect this scene frame by frame you'll see that there are pictures of some skyscrapers there. I don't know if this subject has been covered yet but here's the question: do you know the story behind this animated feature or do you have any theories why such strange physical anomalies are happening inside Unicron?

EDIT:
    Also I've just noticed that the board Transformer Animated doesn't reffer to all animated series but to the new Transformers Animated. To the moderator: sorry for my mistake, I'm new to this board, please move this thread to its proper place.

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Wecome to TFW2005 Forums.

3. newguy

newguy i

My dad will never rent that movie again, so I probaly wont see what you are talking about for many years.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think it was just for "cool effects" well I just assumed that.

5. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I just poped the DVD in to see what you were talking about, and I have a theory about why the animators inserted the city scenes into the flashing: subliminal suggestion. Rather than animating entire buildings being destroyed within Unicron's body(which may have been too time consuming/costly), flashing images of buildings whithin the random chucks of Lithone would make your mind possibly think that the random chunks you are presently viewing used to be parts of a building. The same sort of trick was used to make The Exorcist scarier:
    The Exorcist (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or it could just be that they were messing with us. :D 

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Aww sucks being a kid doesn't it. BTW I love your sig. It's so wrong in many ways. You can't even drive yet what do you know other then he said she said crap.

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    as a kid i used to wonder why there was that weird, barely audible roar Unicron did BEFORE his actual roar- as in when UM grabbed the Matrix and you see it on a monitor inside Unicron- I just let it go before it drove me nuts.

some things are better left alone...

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Why rent it? just watch it on Youtube little buddy :)