Flash Rebirth discussion/ predicitons

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Rattrap Primal, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Ok, I know this one won't be out for another few months, but here are some of my predicions/ hopes for this mini
    -3 Flashes active again (Jay in the JSA, Barry in the upcoming JL and Wally in the JLA and Titans)
    -BRING BACK ZOOM. GL Rebirth brought Sinestro back, so it stands to reason that Barry's arch nemessis returns
    -Bart back in the Teen Titans (he was revived in LO3W)
    -the first team up in years between Barry and Hal

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    There is a 5 page preview up on Newsarama.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I predict lots of Barry-wanking to try and convince readers that Barry Allen is the awesomestly awesome character ever and we're all lucky to have him back. And probably several pages of GL stuff since it's a Geoff Johns book.

4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i just want to see what Wally's new Flash costume will be.

i know a lot of people wanted Hal back...but was there really that much people wanted Barry back too???

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Assuming it'll be like GL Rebirth:

- The plot will be rather thin, wrapped loosely around a slew of retcons designed to restore everything to exactly how it was ~20 years ago.
    - The original Professor Zoom will return, along with the revelation that the modern Zoom was actually a robot (see 'Toyman', 'Brainiac').
    - Wally West gets the 'Kyle Rayner treatment': Coming out of Flash Rebirth, he'll get a miniseries of some length and end up a supporting character in a team book (likely Titans) that already has a huge cast. He'll never be seen, and rarely referenced, in the main Flash book unless there's a crossover.
    - Expect Wally to change his costume, given that his costume is so similar to Barry's. Since there's no 'Flash Corps' or anything, expect Wally to change his codename as well, to avoid having three guys named 'Flash' active at the same time.
    - Bart remains in the future with the Legion, so he's not active in the same time as Barry. Done largely to keep Barry from looking too old (ie - so readers won't be reminded that he has grandchildren). Expect Bart to be rarely, if ever, mentioned in the main Flash book.

6. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Doesn't matter, because Didio wanted him back. Nuff said.

-XCN-

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Wall did sport a new costume during this Justice League Elite days...

8. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    I predict I will be unable to find any difference between Wally and Barry without first consulting at least three online reference sources.

Which reminds me: the preview had some sort of celebration by Keystone City that "their" Flash was back. Given there's two of them wearing virtually identical outfits, how can anyone tell who's inside the costume? And if they can, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a secret identity in the first place?

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    They may have changed this around the time that they retconned Wally back into having a secret identity, but as far as I know Barry's identity is totally public. With him dead and his wife supposedly dead, there really wasn't much of a reason to keep his identity hidden anymore. And revealing who he was let the public know exactly who the dead hero they were honoring was.

10. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

This is slightly off topic, but I wondered why they did the same thing with Hal when he died. I also wonder why that hasn't come up now that Hal's back. I hope they make reference or something to it with Barry coming back.

11. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I'm psyched for Flash: Rebirth. I'm looking forward to Hal and Barry's reunion, as well as his reunion with the rest of the League. I want to see what happens to Wally as well as what his new costume/code name will be. As far as I'm concerned, Wally has as much right to the Flash name as Barry, so I hope it isn't something too drastic. So much of the Rogue's Gallery has been tailored to fit Wally that I wonder how the character shift will affect that.

I find it funny about all the people complaining about Barry's return, but if they'd bought Wally's or Bart's book maybe he wouldn't be coming back.

12. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Man, that Flash preview stunk. It was like LJ fanfiction bad, not trying to be a hater but wow. There had to have been a better way to bring back Barry than this, yeah?

GARSH BARRY IS THE BEST OF ALL OF US! :rolleyes: 

13. Rattrap Primal

well, some of the older Rogues are Barry's (Cold, Weather Wizard, Heat Wave, Abra Kadabra, Grodd)

I still hope that Zoom pops up in this, it worked for Sinestro it could work for the orginal Reverse Flash

14. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

But...people were buying Wally. For like 20 years.

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

People only stopped buying Wally after Johns left. The book just wasn't the same afterwards.

16. Rattrap Primal

hell, I started reading Flash during Waid's run (Return of Barry Allan, BTW)

17. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Nothing like cynicsm makes a comics fan to make DC or any other company happy. (Sic!)