Flash Gordon (1996 Animated Series) by Playmates

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Falconhood, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

Couldn't find the thread for this line, but man, I love them. I am almost throwing my old stuff (toys, figures) away now in the need to make space, and when these keep popping-up, i haven't the heart to get rid of them. Don't know why, I've NEVER seen the cartoon EVER. But Flash looks just like me when the toy came out, and Dayle looks just like Stacie (whom I was with at that time) and I liked Skateboarding, and Flash had a hoverboard...actually i just realized today that EVEN MING has a hoverboard...everyone does in this very small line! so weird. But anyways, I'm going to shoebox all of my figures and try to complete my collection since it's very finite (unlike Star Trek) with about 8 figures, 2 vehicles and a Throne. That's about all i've found that there is. So, do you guys have these? Wanna share some pics? Please do!
    [​IMG]
    Checklist:
    Asst. No. 12400 Single Carded Figures by Playmates
    -Flash Gordon in Flight Suit #12401
    -Flash Gordon in Mondo Outfit #12402
    -Dale Arden #12403
    -Prince Talon #12404
    -Princess Thundar #12405
    -Ming the Merciless #12406
    -General Lynch #12407
    -Kobalt the Mercenary #12408
    [​IMG]
    Vehicles/Playsets: (I'll have to research and replace with proper names later)
    -Triphibian, Flash's Multi-Purpose Land/Sea/Air Vehicle #12453
    -Ming's Jaws Of Death Throne #12462
    -Flash Gordon's Rebel Airbike #12461

This is Kobalt The Mercenary:
    [​IMG]
    from the card, you can see what he comes with:
    [​IMG]
    Kobalt's story:
    [​IMG]
    I'll try to add more pictures to this post to help you ID them and more fun pics below as you share too. Also, Card Scans, please share! I only have Kobalt's card.:
    [​IMG]

and it appears someone did a review of some figs on Youtube.

but other than that, There appears to be nothing more for this line, 8 figs, 3 vehicles. Easy to bag for completest.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Was never aware of this incarnation of Flash Gordon. Was there a cartoon to go with it?

3. Falconhood

http://flashgordon.wikia.com/wiki/Flash_Gordon_(1996_cartoon)
    yes, i've NEVER seen it. Would like to, but all i can find is just the intro on YouTube...nor is it on Hulu. I can't find any DVDs of the season(s). I can only find one VHS tape on eBay.

4. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I remember the cartoon. It was one of those 6:30 a.m. type of cartoons.

I vaguely remember a scene where Thundarr used her whip and Flash used his hoverboard to gwt across a chasm. The had to hold eachother to make it across. I also remember her being madly in love with Flash. Oh and Lynch and Kobalt were real assholes to everyone.

Also, all the aliens were based on animals. It was like Flash Gordon vs the planet of furries. Kinda like Spider-Man: Unlimited.

5. Falconhood

did you have the toys? Does anyone still have them? They have that horrible 1980s articulation that i HATE, but ... I can't help it, they are great toys despite that. Only about 6 POA on the 5 I have.

6. netkid

News Credits:
    I never had the toys, but I as recent as 2 years ago, I would see tons of the figures and vehicles at local collectible shows. The dealers couldn't give these things away to get rid of them. They just sat. The only old playmates stuff that people around here still buy are Turtles and Monster Force. Even Star Trek stuff just sits.

If I do see them again, who do you need? I could probably get them for $1 each.

7. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    This backstory doesn't use the word "Mongo" nearly enough.

I vaguely remember the cartoon as being fairly average at worst, even tongue in cheek at times, ...but it's probably a good 13 years since i've seen it.

8. Falconhood

sure, i need
    -Prince Talon #12404
    -Ming the Merciless #12406
    -General Lynch #12407
    But, i may have seen them at Toy shows too, and just didn't think about it. At the last toy show I started off hoping to find DCUC/MU, but ended up devouring Star Trek stuff. I prolly just skipped right over them.
    I'll look at the next toy show i go to in the fall.
    I have/had all the vehicles. I'm looking for the other bullet for my Triphibian right now, mine are BLUE, not red as on the picture.
    Let me look first, and get back to you in a week if i do not find. I might actually have them. I was cleaning until 4 AM last night and found a PACKAGED Soundwave (most recent version) and about cried because I think I already opened another one...so I bought it twice. This is why i need to narrow down my collections and focus only on a few current lines: DCUC, MU, TF, etc, and get my checklist going again. I used to use it long ago before electronics made me lazy...and then WORMS destroy all the work i did on my XL of a HUGE inventory file i had. It was awesome and catalogued every detail and # off the packages, where i got the toy, how much, etc...GONE!!! because of a worm.

9. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This might just be my dirty mind, but does that 'Transrupter' look a little dodgy to anyone else?

10. Falconhood

lol! i never even thought of it!

11. netkid

News Credits: