Customs: Flamethrower for a Deluxe class

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Treadshot A1, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you know how to make one or which figure has a weapon that would be easy to mod into a Flamethrower for a Deluxe class?

Obviously it doesn't need to work, but i want to try a tutorial i saw a while ago for making flames with hot glue.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

There was the purple, flamethrower-wielding Seeker from MTMTE. You could use one of his null rays and drill a cavity unto the end of the missile.

3. Treadshot A1

Hmm, what about scratch building one? While the Null Ray off an Acid Storm works perfectly, i can't use it because i just checked competition rule and it needs to be either from a Bandai Gundam kit, or scratch built.

Any ideas? I was thinking to build it out of Styrene tubing, but i don't know if that's a good way to go.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Oh. Didn't know there were specs and limitations involved.

Look up the 08th MS Team line of Gundams, the series used a lot of modern weapons as opposed to futuristic beam rifles and such.

5. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Maybe you could make one using epoxy + a writing pen + a drill + other bits a pieces of stuff??

6. Treadshot A1

Sorry Kusanagi, i forgot to mention that. my bad.

Anti-Venom, thanks, i actually considered using pens, but they'll be used for another type of weapon.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, i've just finished scratch building the flamethrower. It's not the most accurate ever, but i think it gets the point across. I'll get pics once it's painted. It's built from 2 sizes of Styrene tubing and some sheet styrene and the sword holster connector thingy that came with SD Exia. It's the one that clips his GN Short sword onto his waist.

As an added bonus, it has a flexible cable i made as well, which plugs into a socket i added on the back of my Tieren 1/144 Ground Type kit. :) 

[​IMG]

That's the flamethrowing in white mounted to my Tieren's arms. As you can see, the cable goes to a port (also styrene) attached to that thing he wears on his back, to simulate a fuel tank supplying fuel to the flamethrower.

Attached Files:

7. Anti-Venom

Looks really good. ^_^
    So you going to enter this in a contest?

Edit
    Woot 800th post :) 

8. Treadshot A1

Yep, it's for Waicon 2011's Gundam competition. Just need to finish the diorama now.

Actually, i went to Bunnings to get a piece of wood, stood ther for 27 minutes waiting for someone to cut it to size, and no one came. Damn.

Oh, and it's painted. Now when it's dry, i'll add pics of that.

9. Anti-Venom

Good luck hope you win dude.!

10. Treadshot A1

Heh I came third last time in the junior division, but now I'm 16, so this year I have to compete with adults. Uh oh. Lol.

And it's not till January 29, so long time to go.

EDIT: Now painted. I tried to hide the part on his back as well as i could, but matching the green is hard.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: