2D Artwork: 'Flamer' Prime concept

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ra88, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Did this out of boredom, and to see how the long nose could make him taller (it does; if I'm right G1 OP would reach his stomache). I'm going to do a version without the flames as well, since I'm curious how he'll look in (almost) completely red.

EDIT: Alright, I have NO idea what happened, but here it is:

[​IMG]

2. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

:useless 
    Sorry, had to say it..

3. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Going by rumors, I would say that is a really good guess. You did a good job, but I hope the head is a bit more traditional.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't like his head. Looks nothing like Prime, to batman-ish.

5. Omega Magnus

Omega Magnus Gorillabot

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I dunno man, it's kind of got a Transtech vibe going for it; if something showed up like that in the film I'd be down. Nice drawing and concept bro.

6. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

That is pretty awesome... I would totally be down for somethng like that.

7. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Traditional or not, I LOVE THE HEAD! Very alien, which I think the movie will be going for.

If your goal is to make a movie oriented, and looking Prime, I think you'll be very close but from the "teaser" we've seen of Bumblebee I suspect his transformation will be VERY different and "alien" to the fans.

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Actually, the Bumblebee could be more traditional then we think, like Terminal Hamster of DM.Net showed with this sketch:

[​IMG]

And I did try to make it alien. Oh sure, it looks simple at first glance, but look closer and you'll see it's a lot more complicated. For example, the way the rear wheels section connects with the front of the truck, how the grill becomes 4 seperate pieces, the windows not connected to the cab anymore, stuff like that. Glad I didn't try and do a transformation-pic...

And thanks for the crits, everyone. I'll redo the head to make it more traditional and 'heavy metal', see how that looks.

9. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    NO! All I'd do with the head is MAYBE shorten the antenna, and draw a close-up of the face head-on. Otherwise, leave it alone. I'll openly say that I never really cared for the design of G1 Prime's head, but I'm not saying I like BW Primal either. The head was very angular, blocky to a point. I really like you're Prime's head, even the tall antenna. Looks rather menacing with them like that.

I think with what we've seen of the "teasers" from and for the movie we'll have familiar looking vehicle modes, yet the robot modes will be far from what we're accustomed too. The "robots," as I've seen it will have an almost insect look to them and some of their mechanics will be visible, as you've drawn in the knees and shoulders. Nice touch.

I'm definitely looking forward to the movie, and health and and other commitments barring, I'll be there for the first showing on opening day. No matter what time. :-D

10. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

I tell you what I will submit one based on rumor's for you guy's and you tell me what ya think. I will use most of the forum posibilitie's and gosip.

In return I ask for comment's on my shockwave pick and the pic of movie optimus.

11. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Ra, I like it alot. Though, I do agree that I would have preferred shorter "ears" (so far the head looks a little-Batman-ish). :) 

And yah, definitely, a Transtech feel. If the movie does start off with this kind of aesthetic, I hope they slowly "bulk up" into the TFs we generally recognize (as a form of "evolution") in future *possible* sequels.

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great drawing and ideas.:thumb 

13. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I kinda like it. It looks just familiar enough to evoke the physical elements of Optimus Prime, and yet just different enough to be a reinvention of the character's look.

It's a lot nicer than that muscle-toned iguana with the Dick Tracy jawline that Emmerlich and Devlin called 'Godzilla', anyway.

14. Bluestreak420

Bluestreak420 BS42O Prod. Inc.

Am I the only one who read 'Flamer Prime' and immediately imagined a limp wristed Prime with a Pink and baby Blue paint job?

Nice design although I have to agree with SplitLip that the head is a little Batman-ish

15. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Maybe shorten the antenna's a bit, but other than that, I think that's a sweet design and think it'd work well. It's got that alien vibe to it, while still looking like Prime.

16. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I like it, looks evil but I kinda like it that way.

17. Inner-Demon

Inner-Demon Instrument of Destruction

Ebay:
    Love that drawing. It's better than even the actual movie version. It's design is sleek, I'm even fond of the long helmet ears. They would be better off short, but it's kick ass. The flames even work well in this design pattern.

It just looks more Transformer. Though I love the movie design. This is cool just the same.

18. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

intreasting look for its head but its pritty kool, its an intresting look for prime