Fixit Studios FIX IT FI-01 Replacement Faces (for Titans Return Deluxes)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by allew, May 23, 2017.

1. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are pretty close to the ones I've spot checked, but since Chromedome is the only TT edition I've sprung for so far, this is definitely a set that "solves for my problem"....which of course tanks my original argument if these are only any good for US fans :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd definitely like an alternative head for TR Hot Rod, especially with his Legends counterpart on the way.

They could probably also give us a better (or at least better painted) face for TR Galvatron.

3. sunshinefaye

sunshinefaye Active Member

News Credits:
    This is fantastic!

I hope the Marvel or Rebirth faces are also in their plan

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:

whats that image from ?

5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of the Generations books.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Squallte

Squallte Summoner of Shiva

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice looking! I know it's renders but still an interesting product. I know people were hoping for new characters, but I think this is a neat, safe, first attempt for this company. I'm willing to give it a shot and hopefully support for this will inspire new future products. I just hope the finish on these are clean and crisp and not like those Ultra Magnus faces that came out years ago.

7. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How great would it be it these were oversized to fit the new OS Titans figures

• Like Like x 1
  8. sunshinefaye

News Credits:
    from their WEIBO:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    I think the only one I might like more than the regular hasbro head is skullsmasher

10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    That would be a lot more usefull than this.

11. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Just got my shipping notice. I completely forgot about this over the passed few months.

Figured I was just going to end up getting a "order canceled" due to not being a highly anticipated thing and no prototypes ever being shown

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

I may get this just for Hardhead and Skullcruncher

14. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

As a die hard Japanese G1 fan, I don't know how this set slipped past my radar. I just put in a preorder with BBTS.

Since I'm on a tight budget, the only Takara version I got was Chromedome. The rest are all Hasbro. This set is going to make me appreciate these figures a gazillion times more.

I was actually starting to regret picking up Fortress Maximus. He's too Rebirth for me. I'm glad to be able to give Fortress/Cerebros his Japanese cartoon face even if the figure is in Rebirth colors.

I still don't regret spending the extra cash on Legends Chromedome since the figure is colored more like G1 Chromedome and he is my favorite Headmaster. But I may pick a Hasbro Chromedome to go with this replacement head just to have an extra.

15. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

• Like Like x 3
  16. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got my 10 day notice from bbts for this!

17. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Just got mine at the post office! Sadly I gotta work all day! Lol from what I can see they're straight up KOs of the Takara faces. I don't own any Takara ones but I'm just going in pictures.

They look great brainstorm, chromedome and weird wolfs head arnt really white they're more of a cream color

18. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Okay so I just got home and got them changed it.

First things first. These were not easy to do. I'm not blaming fix it studio, the screws on Titans maters are so small it was a pain to unscrew them line back up and screw them back in.

Fortress Maximus: i have no attacthemen to Fort Max from Takara, I only watched the trilogy when shout Factory released it and I'm 32 so I was like 27-28 when I saw headmasters so my attatchment is honestly Cerebros but I like the Japanese head a lot. It's detailed and distinguishable and making black to match the Hasbro Cerebros is good.

Chromedome: I'm an IDW guy so I have a great love for Chromedome and the redesign of his dead for the toy that makes it IDW but I liked his head in Headmasters and it's a nice face sculpt. I don't feel bad putting the new head on and still having him stand next to rewind.

Hardhead: I've only known hardhead with a mouth. Be it Rebirth or IDW I've always liked Hardhead with a mouth. This new face has some pouty lips. They give IDW overlord a run for his money. Paint is good.

Highbrow: he's always been the fourth Autobot headmaster and that's it. I've watched rebirth and I've watched Headmasters and highbrow for me has never done anything memorable other than being a bit of a yuppy snob. Either head is good though I like Hasbro face maybe a little bit more. He's got some hella pouty lips too.

Brainstorm: he's fine. He's got a mouth and it looks nice. I prefer Hasbro's IDW face more. I put it on the retail Walgreens one and I have the SDCC one too so I get both.

Weirdwolf: This face shines and he was the most prominent headmaster con in Headmasters(except scorponok) he's so memorable. I enjoy the cool, different look of hasbros but the square shaped head of this and takara's is so notalgic of boxy old G1 times I love it.

Mindwipe: there's not much difference in my opinion. They're very similar just slight details and a visor instead of two eyes on the hasbro. Both are fine.

Skullcruncher: much like Weirdwolf it's an amazing face. I liked hasbros but the way they pained the Hasbro one with black eyes and obvious visor that was turned into 2 eyes was a bit of a "meh". having the Takara face on him with a square head and slight smile adds so much character.

Paint is great, detail is great and like I said earlier until someone does some side by side comparisons with the Takara heads I'm 100% certain these are just KOs of takaras molds. Even the tiny details of takaras are on here.

All in all for $20-$30 is worth it to turn your Hasbro Titan masters into the Japanese looking characters.

One thing I forgot to mention is the plastic. It's plastic! It feels and looks just like the official stuff. I love dr wu but his stuff just feels brittle and cheap sometimes and yes, it's cheap and can be brittle. This stuff while just the size of a dime feels good.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  19. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We are clearly twins separated at birth. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  20. sunshinefaye

News Credits:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2