Fixing Solar Storm Grapple

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Jun 8, 2011.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got a Solar Storm Grapple

When transforming the arms from truck to robot. I find it really *Slagin' hard to getting to un-tab from the truck mode.

Can i cut off the tabs or is that a bad idea. or better yet does someone have an idea of what method i should be doing this?

[*Translated from English]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  2. kaseycuyler

kaseycuyler Maximal

I have the same problem with my Inferno. I hope someone does come up with something that wont damage it >_<

3. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Funny, the tabs on my Inferno seem just about right.

Grapple, not opened it yet.

Maybe shave the tabs down very slightly?

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yeah, getting those panels untabbed on my Inferno can be a crapper. Strangely there must be a trick to it because I'll wrestle with one for several minutes and then find a sweet spot to wriggle it out, and then the other arm and panel comes out just fine with the same trick. Then by the time I get around to going from fire engine to robot again I've totally forgotten the best way to do it and have to go through the whole discovery thing again.

If it was me I'd probably carefully examine everything and see what's making things difficult and then shave a tiny bit off that tab to see if that improves things. Then adjust as needed. Just going by memory I don't think it would affect anything that badly in alt mode.
    Of course I accept no responsibilty for disasters caused by your modifications.

5. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I have the same issue on my Grapple.. kind of a headache.. you feel like you're going to break it..

6. Starscweam

Starscweam Well-Known Member

LOL I have Henkei Inferno and I not even aware there are tabs there till now. At least on mine it is not tight.

7. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well...we kind of are. I looked super carefully at him. I've start some stress marks on the plastic panel between the 'truck door' and 'shoulder armor' (The plastic panel that folds under the 'shoulder armor').

Not anything truly noticeable but all the same...... :S

8. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I've never even noticed on my Inferno. Grapple I haven't even transformed. Maybe you can just shave the plastic a bit?