FIXING Mp Starscream - THE EASY WAY

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ghost Prime, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

Afew months ago i told people how to fix there MP Starscream WITHOUT having to rip the legs to pieces and drill stuff into him.
    I tried to explain without pictures but didnt do very well.... so heres an explaination with pictures

http://http://www.predaconempire.com/fixMP_ss.html

Hope this helps some people because i know afew people here DIDNT want to drill the legs apart because its kinda complicated and if you get it wrong then its $80 (if its skywarp) down the drain. So heres an easy way that works. hope it helps

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you have 2 https in there so it breaks the link. btw, this should be posted in the Radicons General Discussion forum, not tfw toy discussion.

It looks the same as the other mod, except that you simply removed the lower screw and its its hole as a second peghole for robot mode, so instead of it being permanently attached and sliding, you pop it off and back on, am I correct?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  3. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While I would love to do this change to my Starscream (Looks 100 times better) I don't know if I could do this to a $60 figure I'd be to nervous. Plus I have him right next to Skywarp and I would want all the seekers to match. I know I would mess up on skywarp being a $100 figure.

5. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

:cry  Damn, I was hoping this would be a fix for the cracked wing joints.....I cant bring myself to even look at my Screamer since mine cracked

6. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

i was worried about doing the mod as well but its real easy to do. Skywarp cost me around $80 but i just cant stand to see him with the awful hip kibble so i had to fix him.

Whats the CRACKED WING JOINT area your on about btw? do you mean on the rear wing fins? ive noticed the small connectors there seem real fragile and look easy to break

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Same. I'm always afraid he'll break and his wings will fall off forever.:( 

8. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

If there's just a crack, not a piece broken off, use super glue in the cracked area, press em together for a few minutes(might wanna use gloves or a tool) and then when it seems like they're good, use modeling glue, it "melts" the plastic and it dries again so that there's no crack. I'll try to get a pic later, but it's almost good as new

No offense but if you have to pop it off and back on then reattach the fin to another peg then I prefer the other mod

9. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

ok if you prefer the other mod but this saves you cutting the shit out of the legs which ive heard alot of people break by mistake trying to scoop out the inards. this mod is much easier really and saves having to use a drill which can ruin the figure if you miss-aim/time your actions.

plus if all you wana do is have the wings on the legs then simply just remove the screw and you can do it that way without having to do any real mod or anything.

either way i hope this helps some people

10. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Umm, because I don't like having to take off a piece to transform a figure? I don't mind if it's on a common figure, but not on a Masterpiece

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you dont' have to scoop out the legs, just the bottom of the piece of kibble.