Minor/Repaint: fixing G1 Sideswipe weapon (Update)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Mudfan, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Mudfan

Mudfan New Member

So I still have the G1 gun for Sideswipe and I'd really like to fix it up somehow on the handle,since it's too small, so that it can fit in the new universe Sideswipe. i had an idea to use some cheap children's air drying modeling clay i saw Michael's but that fell through because the stuff was absolute crap and doesn't work. any thoughts that might make this thing work?

UPDATE!!!!! well i actually went with Satomiblood's idea and i actually got exactly what i was looking for. it's quite messy right now i'll post some finished pictures when i get around to it but for the most part the handle is perfect. the smallest problem that i ran into that was easily fixable was that it didn't harden completely. the epoxy stayed a little soft all around once i came to my end result. so i took some quick drying super glue (i forget the brand name right now) but i put tha stuff all around the handle i made and let it set for like 2 minutes and now the handle is as hard as a freaking rock.

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

You could use some apoxie sculpt to widen the handle. That stuff dries pretty hard. Or you could fuse the handle of his original gun with one that fits.

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    You know Mudfan, you're not the only one I just recently brought a G1 Sideswipe blaster and I too going to use it for the Uni. Sideswipe. So its cool you're doing it that way..as for me I'm going with a different route. But both will fit on uni. sideswipe, eventually.

4. aurascope

aurascope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

The weapon on the extreme left should fit henkei sideswipe.
    it's a little large, but a nice fit i think.
    just need to get it recasted and tweaked,
    it's from a MG IWSP Strike Gundam Lucas Custom

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This link is dead.