Fixing G1 Galvatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MrBurns, Feb 6, 2012.

1. MrBurns

MrBurns Well-Known Member

Like most of my G1s I forgot to take the batteries out before I stored them away. I had success fixing Sky Lynx and next I want to tackle Galvatron. His insides were completely corroded but his stickers and chrome are perfect. I was hoping I could somehow transplant the chrome parts and stickers to a working Galvatron. Has anyone had any success doing this? Is it even possible?

2. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

You can certainly swap chrome pieces easily enough. Stickers are a different story. The effort to remove the sticker would most likely render the adhesive useless, and that's if you're lucky to be able to remove the sticker without destroying it.

Your best bet is to just swap the chrome pieces and buy new stickers from Reprolabels.

Or just buy the e-Hobby reissue for cheap and get a brand new one :) 

3. MrBurns

Looked at prices for the e-hobby reissue....don't think what they are going for would be considered cheap :) 

4. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

You can re-wire the TF's really easily. As long as the boards haven't burnt out (which can also be fixed but isn't as easy). You can buy the 9volt connectors and wiring cheap from radio shack and sodder them in. Any competent electronics repair shop can fix the circuit boards for $5-10. I have fixed 3 supposedly dead shockwaves and an omega supreme this way.

5. MrBurns

Interesting to know. Unfortunately, my galvatron had major damage. Basically, the battery rotted an arm off :) 

6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Just buy a new one from ebay, swap the bits over. As long as you have the cannon and mount you're winning.