Fixing Beast Wars Dinobot question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cloudimus Prime, May 5, 2011.

1. Cloudimus Prime

Cloudimus Prime Active Member

From tfwiki, I'm reading that the original Beast Wars Dinobot had some kind of assembly error? I've searched around and found various pics showing different kind of "errors" on the dino-legs/robot-arms. Some had weight-reducing cavities in the shoulder piece rather than the bicep, some had it in the entire arm instead of the cavities.

My question is for owners of an original Dinobot. Is this "error" easily fixed by a simple swap of parts? I'm no kitbasher and I'm worried about having to do so if I obtain such a piece.

"This toy and the Fox Kids redeco, as well as some other versions of this mold, had the robot mode's biceps on the wrong arms, with the skin-like texture inside and the weight-reducing cavities on the outside. Later molds, such as the 10th Anniversary release, had this error corrected."

Dinobot (BW) - Transformers Wiki

2. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

not sure what the mistake is about... looks like the skin side always end up on the inside in bot mode if you want it outside in dino mode. do you have pictures of the actual assemble error? i guess the piece they're talking about is part of the shoulder piece connecting the painted claw/feet, which would be pretty obvious to spot if seller post the pictures.

3. Cloudimus Prime

I'm attaching a picture that I found. It shows the shoulder piece to be correct, but the rest of the arm is showing the wrong side, despite the knee/elbow piece facing the front.

The picture in the tfwiki shows the flawless one, with the correct side of all parts of the arm/leg facing out.

Here's another pic I found at Seibertron galleries showing the 'wrong' shoulder pieces: Dinobot - Toy Gallery - Photo #5

Comparing the picture I linked and Seibertron's, it seems the entire arm/leg is switchable at the shoulders. Hence I hope anyone with the actual toy can verify what kind of joint is the shoulders? Are they clip-hinged or pin-hinged?

Attached Files:

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Just unscrew the bicep. (that visible screw in the pic) Should be easy as that.

5. Cloudimus Prime

Sounds good, thanks guys!

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well for what it's worth, you might not even have to unscrew anything. That's because depending on how your arm is screwed together, simply pulling the backwards pieces outa the joints & sticking them into the opposite might get it looking the way you want. Just keep the following things in mind.

- When it comes to the screw & forarm slots, you're gonna have decide whether you want them showing in robot or dino mode. You can't have them hidden in both because the transformation doesn't allow it.

- In the dino mode, the big toe should ideally be on the inside to look more natural.