Heavy/Scratch: Fixing Animated Blurr's gap in vehicle mode (wip)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by theestampede, Oct 23, 2009.

1. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Huge fan of this figure, but the big hole in the back of his vehicle mode has been bothering me for a while now. So I finally decided to do something about it. Kinda makes him a parts former, but he already was one because of his shield, so oh well. When in robot mode, the shield can still be attached to the back along with the part I made.

The whole thing is made from styrene. Its not done yet, but the general shape is done. I need to do some more sanding and smoothing. I'm also planning on adding a license plate and exhaust pipes that pop off and turn into some kind of weapon.

Sorry about the picture quality, my camera sucks really bad.

Attached Files:

2. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Great idea and the little add on bit seems well made
    Who gives a shit if it makes him a partsformer, i like them because it usally gives better bot modes and its always fun to add little pieces to alt modes

3. ultra magnus 14

ultra magnus 14 WRECKER

wow great job you have some very good styrene skills! now only if other fans of this blurr could get this awesome piece.

4. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    cast it for me please

:) 

5. theestampede

News Credits:
    well I've never tried casting anything before (though I have been meaning to), but when I'm finished and if a few people want one, maybe I'll play around with the process and make a few.

What kind of weapon should I go with? He can't use guns, because autobots don't use them in the show, so he's got to use something else. It needs to be somewhat small and pole based, since they will be used as exhaust pipes in alt mode. I'm kind of leaning towards tonfas at the moment, but if I hear a better idea I'll go with it. Short swords or knives could work as well.

Oh and the weapons fit in his hands on mine as I drilled out peg holes in his fists that are the same size as the outside ports on his arm.

6. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    well i cam always cast it for ya
    :) 
    and u can use antennas from an old radio(as a bo),can look good as an exhaust pipe
    and it will fit nicely to his super possable tf

7. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    nunchuks...one handle per pipe

8. theestampede

News Credits:
    Well, I'm trying to avoid weapons that the other characters use, so no nunchucks as jazz uses them. I think I'm going to avoid a bo staff as well, because it would require more space than I have around his head.

I'll figure something out and post some more pics when I finish making it and get it painted, which will probably be done next weekend

9. TFElite

TFElite Active Member

Well, if you make them out of antennae, you could get them to connect and make a collapsable lightsaber-type weapon.
    If these were free, i'd ask for one.

10. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

looks nice but what does it look like through the back wheels? I always figure the lack of "rear bumper" was due toit would take away of the "hollow" wheels. Does this make you unable to see through him?

11. theestampede

News Credits:
    it really just expands the flap that covers the head in alt mode and curls down at the end, it doesn't affect the wheels at all. When I finish it, I'll take a pic of the sides and bottom.