Fix for a MP Grimlock's floppy botmode Torso?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blaynescott, Aug 22, 2011.

1. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi everyone,

I just got a 2nd hand MP (hasbro) Grimlock in the mail today, and love the figure to death - it makes me feel like I'm an 8 year old kid on a summer's day again. :) 

One thing that bugs me about it though is whenever I touch (even lightly) the gold chrome torso, it unhinges and flops down. Really, really loose that piece.

I'm considering installing neonium/rare earth magnets inside the torso so it will stay in place.

However, before going the custom/drastic route, has anyone else solved this floppy torso problem with theirs another way?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    It locks down into place. You should be able to handle it without it disconnecting. Check to make sure you're transforming it right, and that nothing is broken.

3. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hum. It does click into place, but the slightest movement unhinges that little hook from the upper-section's spring-lock. It's weird.

Anyone know if there's MP Grimlock instructions online? I did the usually google / google-image searches, but nothing turned up.

On an semi-related note, I found the knees to be near-unposable due to the depth of the click-joint notches. I took apart the thighs and shaved the pegs down slightly. Now it still clicks in place, but is actually really posable without needing to force the joint. :) 

4. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Chewbacca's chiropractor

News Credits: