Five Years Since Prowl Saved Detroit

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Chopperface, May 23, 2014.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    TFA: Prowl (Prowl, No! We'll Find Another Way!) - YouTube

TFA: Optimus Prime vs Megatron (My NAME Is Optimus Prime!) - YouTube

Our beloved Animated ended five years ago today. I still remember getting up at 6 or 7 in the morning, wishing that this show would still be loved for years to come. And I got my wish. The best TF series we've ever gotten still lives on. Some of it's elements and designs and characters have been integrated into older fiction, and new fiction as well. Lockdown himself has a starring role in AOE this year, for just one example.

Now if only Hasbro would release Animated toys for the Thrilling 30 line. Otherwise, they have failed to celebrate Transformers' anniversary.

But, nonetheless, rock on, Animated. The series that won over so many with it's characterization, story arcs, originality, lavish and witty homages (even ones as minor as Sunstorm and Ramjet's helmets), a bunch of returning voice actors, surprisingly mature content for a kids show, and above all else, it's fun. Though it's lifespan was tragically cut short by executive politics (not ROTF, as many believed at the time), it still gave us a short, sweet, and fun ride.

Long live Animated, and thanks to all the great voice actors, show runners, and wacky Nixon-loving artists behind it.

:bay 

2. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Five years? Wow.

3. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I still remember it like it was yesterday, I was really hoping for a season 4, damn you Hasbro!

4. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that one day we will get an Animated Omega Supreme. The Ark alt-mode is a classic and it could be promoted as a homage to the G1 version as well.

We finally got an updated Metroplex after all these years, so here's hoping.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I can't believe it was 5 years.

Around this time between TFA cancellation and ROTF sucking, it was a dark time to be a TF Fan.

6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Had I known, I would have celebrated with my old sig.

7. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I never saw an Transformers Animated episode. What made it a great show?

8. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too many things to count.

9. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good times

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    As a native of Detroit (meh, close enough), I remember that day. It was terrifying and joyful and heartbreaking. There were so many parades....

Ahem...

I'm going to disagree about Animated being THE best, but I will certainly agree that it was ONE OF the best. It's too bad it didn't continue.

So here's to Animated. Better to have gone out wanting more than have had too long a run.

11. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    It just needed ONE more season.

12. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Agreed. Animated was the best (for me) since G1. They should have given it at least one more season...tie up some loose ends.

13. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    I used to be a 'geewunner' until I was introduced to TFA by some of my UK colleagues earlier this year. Absolutely fantastic series and I hope Hasbro do give it some more (well deserved!) recognition.

14. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    I arrived late to the party with Animated, it must have only recently finished when I started watching, and it easily became one of my favourite iterations of Transformers.
    From what I've read about the plans for the fourth season it sounds like it would've been rad.
    It'd be awesome if it eventually gets it's conclusion in some form. RegenerAnimated, anyone?
    If I had the dolla I'd love to get an Animated collection on the go, looked like a really fun toy line.

15. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

That final smile... :( 

16. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    If only Animated had one more season...

17. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, a former g/f got hooked on to it watching it with me and saw the finale before me (I had to be at work). She almost spoiled it for me, but I enjoyed the finale (as well as the whole series). It's a hard thought to put away that Animated's done as there was a lot of reason to keep going. I put in my pre-order for the complete series DVDs. Not one reason to just buy the 3rd season if you ask me as the 1st & 2nd seasons are incomplete until they're seen as meant to be in 16x9.

18. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    I deeply enjoyed Transformers Animated, for all that it was. :)  Prowl was one of my favorite characters in the continuity, and his sacrifice was a very cool, but sad scene. The scene of Jazz walking up to them holding his grey body, still sticks out to me.

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Hear hear!

I've mentioned this before, when Animated was going to come out, I wasn't sure I was going to stay in the fandom. The art looked weird, the press release that talked about how they'd spin like the Tazmanian Devil and transform turned me even further off. I loathed the first movie and I figured that I was done.

I actually missed Animated coming out; in fact it wasn't until a thread bled over into the General forum talking about how awesome "Thrill of the Hunt" was that I realized it aired so I spent that weekend giving the series a chance.

It won me over. By the time the first season ended I was a fan. I bought Leader Megatron the first time I saw one. Then Lugnut to support him. It grew from there. With the McDonalds coupons, Wal-Mart Christmas time price drops, and other sales I always had some Animated figure to pick up. While I shift my display shelves whenever I get bored of them or the seasons change, from then on, the 4 Animated Shelves (Large Scale, Small/Smaller Scale, Standard Autobot, Standard Decepticon) had joined the Seeker Shelf and the Black Convoy shelf in staying put while the others rotate.

I got the series on DVD (as a Christmas gift!) and have watched them every few years. With the full series coming out, I'm eager to get them and enjoy the series all over again.

I'd also very much like to see an Animated figure in the 30th somewhere. I'd prefer Voyager Slipstream, but I'll take whatever they offer, even if it's a Bumblebee/Wasp Legends size 2-pack.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I miss you, Animated. You were cool guy.