Five Questions! Cold Weekend Edition.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, Apr 17, 2010.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I had someone ask for another game of five questions a week ago. And I didn't feel like it until now. It's cold outside and I'm bored. So here it goes.

1. If you made a YouTube video destroying one ROTF figure. Who would it be and why?

2. Since GPS has popped it's way back into the toy disscussion, which one TF that suffers from GPS would you like to see remade that would not have this issue?

3. Which one is better in your opinion, Animated Lockdown or ROTF Lockdown?

4. Which scenario would you like better?
    a.) See the Animated line continue for another two years with like 4 or 5 waves a year.
    b.) See G1 reissues as mass releases at an comparable price to the tf's that are out now.

5. Which is your favorite TF toy that has a decent amount of purple in it?

2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    1. Human Alliance Sideswipe. Any standing pose with this figure can be difficult. And the back kibble is definitely horrible.

2. Transmetals Megatron

3. Animated Lockdown. He's the original. Plus if you count his repaints, he's got diversity.

4. A.

5. Animated Blitzwing just edges out MP Skywarp. I love Blitzy's tank mode.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    1. ROTF Supreme Devy!

2. BW TM Megatron

3. Animated Lockdown although i down currently own either mold

4. b.) See G1 reissues as mass releases at an comparable price to the tf's that are out now.

5. G2 Ramjet!

4. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

1. Deluxe Rampage.... I just don't like that toy.
    2. Sorry, no answer, none of my current toys has the syndrome and I can't think of ones that do that i would want to own.
    3. Animated Lockdown manages to be a better Transformer than ROTF.
    4. Animated should continue: A
    5. Energon Galvatron.

5. AMG

AMG Old School

1. If you made a YouTube video destroying one ROTF figure. Who would it be and why?

Supreme Devastator, because I think it's a piece of junk.

2. Since GPS has popped it's way back into the toy disscussion, which one TF that suffers from GPS would you like to see remade that would not have this issue?

Thankfully I haven't had any of my bots shatter from GPS, so I have no reissue wish list.

Animated Lockdown.

a.) See the Animated line continue for another two years with like 4 or 5 waves a year.
    b.) See G1 reissues as mass releases at an comparable price to the tf's that are out now.

Now that is a tough question. I'm going to call a tie here.

G1 Shockwave.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

It would probably be me taking apart that awful Sideways toy simply to turn it into something better. I personaly can't destroy anything that I buy, since I assign some worth to any TF figure I come to own.

Electro. My Classics Hooligan ( using ROTF "Fearswoop" as a stand-in) needs a rival, and hot rod-styled pickups like Electro's alt. mode are awesome.

ROTF, more realistic alt. mode, he lost the chin, and he has working knees.

I'd prefer a modified form of choice "A" myself. Choice "B" would not work at all because of most G1's being bricks and it's already been done with the TRU exclusives (who were HEAVILY clearanced at that!), but if A was done in the Generations line, then I could see that going somewhere.

Animated Blitzwing. Still trying to figure out WHY he has spring-loaded panels on his arms that do nothing at all, though...

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    (1) Leader Prime. I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I absolutely hate that mold.

(2) This is a tough one. I'd like to see BW TM Megatron redone since he's such an important character and the TM form was my favorite body of his. On the other hand, as a practical matter, I'd like to see one of the GPS-inflicted combiner pieces (Slog, Bristleback, MM Superion's waist piece, G2 Slingshot, Killbison, BW Magnaboss Silverbolt, etc) redone, since those reduce the play value of multiple other non-GPS figures. Since it's only one, I'd probably vote for TM Megatron.

(3) I'm not terribly fond of either figure (and I hate the character, in general), but probably Animated Lockdown. The RotF version has too many parts that pop off easily.

(4) I'd have to go with (b). Given a choice between getting reissues of the actual G1 figures and getting more G1 Redux, I'll take reissues of the actual figures.

(5) TFU 1.0 Razorclaw

8. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:

I have no idea. I can't tell one flying space turd from another. The gray one?
    Seriously though, some version of Skids or Mudflap. Stupid unnecessary characters.

Black Zarak I suppose, though I don't really care about any known GPS-affected toy

Don't have ROTF, so maybe not qualified to answer. I loved the original Lockdown

A. Though I would be happy if Animated only got a few new figures each year as exclusives or part of Generations. I don't need daily cartoons and endless repaint decos.

Universe/CL2 Cyclonus

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Awesome, I love these threads of yours!

Blazemaster. Helicopter mode is nice but the robot mode is terrible beyond description.

That's a hard one! I think my top three (in order) would be 1) G2 Electro, 2) Transmetal Megatron and 3) Black Zarak

Both are completely awful toys...but I do like the neck balljoints in the RoTF version so it barely squeaks by.

B with no hesitation.

5. Which is your favorite TF toy that has a decent amount of purple in it

Probably Universe Cyclonus

10. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

1. Mixmaster. I was told this toy was great, and it has a superb alt mode, but the robot is ...uh... let's
    just say it was lower than my expectations. FAR lower.

2. Fuzors Torca! I never had this toy, and steeres clear of it when I found out it had GPS.

3. N/A I don't have the ROTF version, but I'm sure they are both very different but very fine. BTW I love my TFA Lockdown

4. A. being the no good dirty rotten n00b to TFS that I am, it would just be nicer for me to have more toys of Animated ( probably my favorite TF toyline ever ) than have i bunch of simplistic toys i have fond memories of! ( The Geewunners hate me now!)

5. I love purple, but like I said I am a n00b and don't have much purple toys! What I have had was a Cyberton Megs and I loved him to death!

Then again I do adore garish color schemes.....

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

A: I'd say it's a tie between Deluxe Skids and Mudflap. Boy, are they ugly little suckers. Should've bought their HA figures instead...

2. Since GPS has popped it's way back into the toy discussion, which one TF that suffers from GPS would you like to see remade that would not have this issue?
    A: I have no clue how to answer this one, since I've not had any TFs that suffer from GPS and would like to get remade.

A: Definitely ROTF Lockdown.

A: I go with Scenario A. I really want to complete my Animated collection.

A: I'm going to have to go with... the purple repaint of Animated Shockwave.

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1.the whole line? if only one leader prime

2. black zarak, killbison, and electro

3. Which one is better in your opinion, Animated Lockdown or ROTF Lockdown? animated

4.a.) See the Animated line continue for another two years with like 4 or 5 waves a year.

5.g1 shockwave

13. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

All of them, ROTF is just bad....

Killbison... and not sure why everyone has TM Megatron on the list. You can buy the Takara Version which doesn't suffer from those problems.

Animated, easy!

Neither, give us Victory, Masterforce reissues!!! DINOKING!!!!

MP Skywarp

14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Blazemaster, easily.

Black Zarak, by a lot.

Hmm...I think the Animated version edges out RotF, but barely.

A, also easily. There are still a lot of Animated toys I'd like to see made (Constructicons, Omega Supreme, Warpath, Cyclonus, the remaining Seekers, etc.). I'm content with Takara releasing various reissues periodically over the years.

G1 Shockwave, at least until an awesome Classics version is made.

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:

Blazemaster. Such a mess of a bot mode

I consider myself fairly indifferent on this issue, as I don't collect TF toys pre-2000, but for the sake of other collectors, BW Silverbolt (the eagle one), simply so people can make Magnaboss.

ROTF, as I can't stand the Animated version's legs popping off during transformation.

Animated. Don't collect G1, plus I'd like to have some toys based off Wheeljack, Perceptor, Brawn, Red Alert, Hot Shot, Cyclonus, Strika, Spittor, Highbrow, Omega Supreme, Scrapper, Mixmaster, Dirt Boss, Alpha Trion, Warpath, Yoketron, Mainframe, more Constructicons, more Dinobots...

Geez, I'm not sure I have too many purple TF's that aren't called Skywarp...(checks the spreadsheet I have to document my collection) I guess I'll go with Movie Jolt (the Cybertron Crosswise redeco)

16. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

1. Rotf Soundwave. I hate that mold.

2. Beast wars TM megs

3. Animated lockdown. I have both and he just looks better to me.

4. That is hard I would love to see both happen. But if I had to pick just 1 I would go with b.

5. G1 Shockwave.

17. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Bumblebee...because there's no shortage of those.

Black Zarak. They could use gold paint or gold chrome if they had to, that way it would also be different from the original so owners of the original wouldn't have hissy fits because they no longer would be "special."

Animated.

G1 reissues. I know, I know "They would fail miserably, kids today would hate them! etc." but the question was what would I like better.

5. Which is your favorite TF toy that has a decent amount of purple in
    it?

Tough one. I guess I'd have to say the reissue Galvatron, followed very closely by G1 Shockwave and Masterpiece Skywarp.

18. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    1. Arcee

2. Black Zarak is the most obvious choice. Skyquake's already been recolored, Pyro's getting a new mold, and there aren't any others I care about.

3. ROTF

4. Neither one would affect me, but it -would- be nice to see G1 figures at -sane- prices.

5. Shockwave. Or maybe Energon Galvatron.

19. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

1. If you made a YouTube video destroying one ROTF figure. Who would it be and why? I dont have an answer

2. Since GPS has popped it's way back into the toy disscussion, which one TF that suffers from GPS would you like to see remade that would not have this issue? TM Megatron

3. Which one is better in your opinion, Animated Lockdown or ROTF Lockdown? choosing between lockdowns.... i gotta go with ROTF i just love how he looks

I would like to see animated continue i just love everything about animated toys.

5. Which is your favorite TF toy that has a decent amount of purple in it? universe 2.0 Cyclonus!

20. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:

Surprisingly, that's a tough one. But I'd have to say Breakaway: I like my G2 colors, but I have my limits.

BW Transmetal Megatron. Easy.

That's a tough one, also. I only own Animated Lockdown and his "Blazing" incarnation, but the images I've seen of ROTF Lockdown are very convincing. But I'll take Animated Lockdown over ROTF Lockdown any day.

A. There's an assload of characters that need toy releases (yes, even the characters that stood in the background of the show)

Alternators Shockwave. Though he could use some more purple, though...