Fistful of Energon early deliberation and speculation (probable spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by IronicHide, May 18, 2008.

1. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

This is kind of a discussion thread intended for those who have yet to see Ep23 - Fistful of Energon (which should be all of us except Magmatron, right?).

If it is too much of a duplicate or taking traffic away from what will be the official thread, please ignore this one. Or lock it. Or burn it. Whatever.

Anyhow,

When the Ep Synopses sticky thread went up, and I read it, this was the stand-out ep, even before Transform and Roll Out! had aired.

Prowl and Lockdown and Starscream all looked the business. I looked forward to their three-way smack-about.

Happily, they have proven to be the business. I still look forward to their broohaha.

Now, I know some of the ep spoilers, probably not all, and wouldn't want to spoil anything else for anybody else so can we avoid specific mentions of detail in this thread beyond what is in the synopses sticky thread?
    We can? Lovely.

Some questions, then:

Has this been the One ep, the Only ep, that you have been gagging for?

Are you still anticipating this to be the Best TFA Episode Ever?

Has your anticipation been raised or lowered from the spoilers you've learned about the ep?

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well really I don't care about this episode, considering ALL characters involved are on my LEAST favorites, the only episode of Season 2 that I REALLY want to see is the boot camp one.

3. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Oh, fair enough, then.

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Being a big Prowl fan I'm looking forward to this episode. I hope that he and Lockdown have another throwdown. Their 1st fight was good. I'm hoping we learn something about Prowl's past.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm looking forward to this one. A Prowl centric episode, we've not had one yet and he's the only Autobot who's not had much characterisation beyond "Prowl is better than you", "Prowl tries to improve on an Autobot when they are fine the way they are".

6. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Episode I have looked to a while. Probably will go on my top 5.

7. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to see that um, thing in action really badly.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Not even close.

Nope. A very good one, yes, as all the eps seem to be steadily increasing in quality over time.

Neither.

I disagree slightly with this post.

While we haven't had a "Starring Prowl, Co-starring someone else" ep yet, we have had three episodes now where Prowl is the main focus. Two were together with Bumblebee, one was with Bulkhead and even then Bulk's took a step back and even went into robo-coma while Prowl ran around and did stuff. He's had much characterization and frankly the "Prowl is better than you" concept pretty much dissapeared almost after the first few season 1 eps. He's mainly characterized as the level-headed, competant yet has his flaws guy who also tries to make the most of getting to know his comrades but isn't over-enthusiastic about it. Though I agree an ep where Prowl faces foes alone is something that needed to be done and I'm glad they're doing one now.

9. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't forget preachy nature loving Prowl getting his comeuppance from the space barnacles. :lol 

10. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Well, at least from the Synopses thread, a ninja autobot vs a decepticon badass vs starscream, including the voices of Bishop and Spongebob has been ear-marked since 2007. For me.

Add in the probability of Lockdown's d'n'b and metal themes; just how much I've come to love Prowl's fight scenes (to the extent that any other use of him seems a waste); Starscream's personality, comedy, and story arc, and you have 22 mins of pure TFA win.

However, the spoilers I know of don't appeal.

Then again, from the Synopses episode I assumed Along Came A Spider, Velocity, and The Elite Guard would be fairly unappealing to me. While Sound & Fury and Garbage In, Garbage Out would rock. I consider myself proven wrong.

11. Darkscreamer785

Darkscreamer785 Waiting For The End

Episode sounds very cool. I see this as probably being one of the better episodes.

12. transfan_seek

transfan_seek Well-Known Member

oh yeah
    this one is not my MOST anticipated but is in my top 5 for sure
    i just wanna see certain "things" come into play

13. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

hmm probaly my second most the first being the one where starscream makes the seekers