First toys not to include Movie Spoilers and possibly no main toys for 1 month after

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by knook, Jan 13, 2009.

1. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    basically my logic for this is that the movie comes out almost a month after the toyline so maybe they won't contain any spoilers for the movie also, maybe only FAB's, Legends, Scouts and Retools/Repaints/Previews (Bumblebee, Wreckage and Protoform Soundwave) will be in the early toyline as the movie would be important to sell most of the new figures and the more expensive ones.

Tell me what you think

2. Ajax 013

Ajax 013 Well-Known Member

Sounds about right really, though I'm curious to something. Would Wreckage actually appear in the movie? Outside of a perhaps a bad cameo, or are the writers just gonna blow off IDW?

3. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have no idea, the ROTF Prequel is official cannon but we don't know how it ends, Wreckage fights Starscream in Alliance and could die later on

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

My gut feeling is that the toys will end up containing spoilers since Hasbro would be expecting a shelf life for the toys way past the movie's release date. Just a gut feeling though so I could be wrong.

5. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    It all sounds about right really, it does... but face it, they'll have spoilers in thier bio's, even when the erarly one's hit the shelfs.... last one in's a Rotten Energon Drone!!!

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Hasbro could give two $#!ts about spoiling the movie. The on shelf date of a month before is so that the toys will have reached saturation by the time the movie strikes and impassioned children, with parents in tow, will storm stores looking for the toys after seeing the movie.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I just hope they pace the line better. getting every movie character in may of 2007, and then only having to go out to look for leader class figures and concept camaro bumblebee later on kinda sucked. a lot. 2007 (and most of 2008) was a boooooring year for transformers if you didnt want all the non-movie character movie toys or repaints.

8. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    While the comics are canon, my understanding is that the movie sequel/prequel comics are made in the way that while they add to the overall movieverse, they don't build upon the film in a way that the average movie viewer wouldn't need to have read them to know the finer details of the film. (I hope that makes sense)

This is why I don't think Wreckage will be in ROTF, because its alot to assume that Sector 7 had him all along and he wasnt brought up in the first movie.

9. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

It will probably be like how the first movie was. Most of the bios had nothing to do with the plot of the movie.

Either that or we will probably already know the plot by then anyway.

Or Bay will have one of his "secret agents" cross out all the spoiler information with a sharpie.:lol 

10. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He'd be a cheap 'un to add, they have all his art done and I assume some CGI too

11. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    We're gonna be seeing Devastator on Leno and Prime combining with Jetfire during the MTV awards. I mean, if 2007 is proof I really don't think they care about spoilers :p