First Time Selling on eBay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoljaRTT, Aug 6, 2010.

1. SoljaRTT

SoljaRTT Well-Known Member

I'm about to sell my first item on eBay and I find it to be quite a confusing endeavor. My first item is going to be Energon Starscream. Things that come up to be obstacles are shipping prices: Flat Rate vs normal Priority mail and payment acceptance.

Are there any tips for selling on ebay?

2. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Advice? Offer it for sale here in the Junkion Exchange first. You can save a significant amount from not paying eBay's significant fees and you'll more than likely deal with a better buyer.

That said, if you do sell on eBay, cover all of your bases to protect yourself (delivery confirmation is a must). It's better to know the shipping cost by boxing and weighing your item then charge the buyer appropriately rather than dealing with eBay's calculator. As for payment acceptance, Paypal is "conveniently" your only option.

3. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

If you're just starting off stick to selling items that aren't worth very much. I never buy a $100+ item from someone with less than 50 positive feedback as a seller.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I usually ship everything priority and base the shipping price on what similar items on ebay were priced at for shipping. Also I only accept PayPal to simplify things.

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just as with buying, i think a seller should not sell expensive items to those with less than say, 20 positive feedbacks.

i say that even though with paypal, there shouldn't be an issue- i pay for my items immediately- but it's eBay and there's ways to even botch instant payment.

6. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I personally don't like selling my items to any buyer with less than 2 feedback.
    Because A lot of less than 2 feedback buyers refuse to pay. it's just a huge hassel to keep asking for money. then having to re-sell the item again.

7. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    When you ship it, get Tracking. That way when they claim they never got it, you'll have proof.