Customs: First time...I gotta ask for help.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by D-Unit, Sep 22, 2007.

1. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yo, I will be attempting my first re-shelling/re-building of a TF. I am doing Wheeljack using an Alt. Sunstreaker as the base, and I have a 1/24 Lancia Stratos all ready to go. Problem is, I don't know wher eto go form here. I have never tried re-shelling, and a lot of you have, so what do I need to do? Same TF scheme as Dead End/Sunstreaker, just with the Lancia alt. mode. I have a dremel, saw, sandpaper, x-actos, glue, plumber's putty, a drill. Somebody get me started in the right direction
    THANKS!

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    You need to get the Alt to fit iside the model shell first.....

you can acomplish this by removing unneeded parts from the Alt....even using the dremel/sanding where neccessary, in some cases, this will be the only way, just make sure what you grind away doesnt effect the tf in a bad way....

once you get the Alt to fit inside the model shell, glue to shell to the Alt, and then cut the model apart using the existing cut/break/tf lines from the Alt....

this will produce a cleaner looking custom with very minimal gap in between panels.

Lobo "showed" me this way to do it, and I know ShawnL7 does it this way too....and both these guys do great work.

3. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PK-
    Thanks a lot, that sounds like the best way to go. I will post updates as I work.
    I appreciate it