first testshot of iGear PP01

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by S250, Dec 7, 2009.

1. S250

S250 BEASTBOX

News Credits:
  2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looking good, but...

:rolleyes: 

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Molded Bot & Con symbols? They really are thumbing their nose at Hasbro's trademarks, aren't they?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  4. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Strange, the Autobot symbol lacks the hole in the "forehead", while the Con symbol is perfect...

5. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    As long as they release the crystal version, I'm buying a couple... I'm not in a rush. So I'll just wait it out.

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hand assembled? wow

7. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    The prototype would be hand assembled for certain.

Even the production run... we're talking about something like 2,000 units here per variant. This IS a garage kit production after all. Producing the molding is expensive enough... tooling a factory to automate the assembly process? Not worth it in the slightest.

It'd probably be assembly line though... piece rolls down the line, someone assemblers the chest doors, goes to the next one, someone bolts on the shoulders, etc.

8. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

anyone else sick of all this news for transformers that aren't actually "transformers"? all these KO companies and customizers are starting to flood the news forum

9. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you expect? This year Hasbro have produced absolutely NOTHING that has interested me at all thanks to the movie. These 3rd party KOs are filling that void.

Hell, up until Alternity Bumble Takara haven't impressed me with anything since MP Grimlock.

So to asnwer your question, no, I'm not sick of this news. Movie-toy news on the other hand.

10. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

It's too bad this will be way out of my price range. (more than the american release of the full size version)

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really wish that this weren't so expensive or I'd be all over it.

12. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Can someone mirror the pics please? I can't get them to load for some reason.

13. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

Considering that I am a little cash strapped because of Christmas, I do not mind the postponement.

As for KOs dominating the news, I echo the comments about these being the most interesting items released this year. I only have limited interest in the movie line so I am sick of news about movie-related figures.

There has been a lot of controversy about this figure. This KO seems to represent the perfect G1 Prime. A smaller version of the Masterpiece mold with a MUCH improved head is exactly what I have wanted. The new head looks just like G1 Prime. It makes the Mastepiece mold look horrible by comparison. I have supported both Hasbro and Takara for so long that I feel absolutely no guilt in buying this KO. In fact, I hope they do a Megatron as well...with a revised head of course:) 

14. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd much rather they just released a head upgrade for MP Convoy/Prime, rather than scale down and rip off the real thing. The chances of this costing anything less than the proper one are negligible. Same for MP Megs. Seriously; just go get the real thing rather than supporting people who don't even have the imagination to design a full robot themselves. The only thing that really does interest me about this is how they plan to make him transform with a much wider head.

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I have the real thing, both Prime and Megs. The scale of these is the draw, and the origin isn't an issue to me.

Hey, if Takara want to downscale their MPs to this scale and maybe put them in a two-pack, I'll take it! It would kick ass, actually!

17. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

For me, the scale AND the modified head is the draw. If the head were the same is the MP Prime, then I might have passed. However, the potential to have this figure fit in with most of my other transformers AND have a perfect head sculpt makes this figure irresistible. I do wish they would also release this headsculpt separately for the larger MP Prime.

18. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i will be saving for these. they look to be in scale with the masterpiece seekers! bought for definate!

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    HELL yes, I'd buy that. What bugs me about this is the lack of imagination iGear seem to display.

20. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    No, not sick at all. They're not officially license products. I don't want to sound repetetive. But if these companies and customizers create something that I really like and I'm able to afford it. I'll buy it. It's better that somebody produce a product, even though it's not official, than having none at all. Just my perspective. Sorry for going on a tangent. Don't want to delve further into this just said my 2 cents. And now back to topic...

And to me that Crystal Prime looks damn good.... we'lll just see how the quality of the toy is. I'll wait for a review on that.