First Strike

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Danny-Boy, Aug 9, 2017.

1. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's almost as if the conceit of a shared Hasbro Universe has a fatal flaw!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
  4. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    ...not really.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kmc

kmc Well-Known Member

That seems ... out of common sense. Because that's not what Cybertronians do, and that can't be in any of Earth's horror movies etc.(simply because it's practically impossible, if not taking the skin other than the whole corpse). Then how can Circuit make this assumption?

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ For one thing, wearing furs is not *in physical principle* that different from wearing, uh, someone's skin, other than the fact that it's your own species and an intelligent being. So from the perspective of the humorous error that the Transformer is making, we have a distinction without a difference that we reaaaaaaally shouldn't overthink. o_O 

For another, it is really all that different from conceits like the Magnus Armor? Transformers seem to incorporate each others' parts somewhat readily, without even as much visceral hesitation as we would have!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    The joke is that Circuit interpreted the phrase "whom are you wearing" to refer to another person that Marissa was literally wearing. If it was an animal, Citcuot wouldn't have referred to "who" and "he," he'd refer to "what" and "it."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  8. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Eh... I think I'll read the wikia summaries of this series, I really am over the idea of Humans being the dumb, xenophobic aggressors in transformers fiction. I just feel like we've seen this story before, maybe it will surprise me and take an unexpected turn though.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Better than telling the same story over and over again in the other TF comics lately.

10. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as the rest of G.I. Joe doesn't devolve into gibbering angry cavepeople this should be an okay little adventure. I like the idea of them smuggling an army onto Cybertron. Neat idea overall.

11. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Yo, Cobra!

Time to kick those pesky aliens out of Earth!

Circuit's question still sounds smarter than what you can read in usual celebrity interviews.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Literally what is dumb and xenophobic about this? The best part about the issue is all the Not Wrong that Joe is in his letter to Scarlett. He doesn't even read like he hates Transformers, anymore than I hate, say, climate change, or near-Earth asteroids. He's one of the increasingly-few people who keenly remembers that Transformers killed three billion people within the decade, and not, like, by accident.

In other words, like most of us, he's only evil because he remembers Shane McCarthy.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Yeah, the line about how the Cybertronians will kill us all without necessarily planning to, just because their existence is one of turmoil and high stakes conflict, was fairly convincing - at least in relation to actual political positions that apparently calm people hold.

14. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I just picked it up and... yes, it's a well done book, but it's also a GI Joe one, none of it is from Cybertronian POV. The best part to me was the crew discussing cybertronian fashion and style.

And while there is the argument that 'being involved with cybertronians means getting involved in their conflicts, in which we can be smushed,' I'm still going to see the line drawn between that and robot ninja ^^ Heck, one of the big problem with that POV is Earth is already so involved in cybertronian stuff that if we aren't active participants, getting caught in is almost inevitable, if there was another Autobot/Cybertronian war we'd be a target even if we had broken from their affairs for centuries.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Issue #2 is out today!

We're starting to get a bit more focus on the Cybertronians, though I do get people who dislike that most of the focus (right now at least) is on the Joes. I also liked seeing a new VENOM vehicle in the form of the Outlaw. Shazraella continues to be a delight from Micronauts, and having her now tower over the humans is a great bit of irony.

I will say, there's one character who's kept in shadow that I was assuming from all the covers to be Joe Colton in a new uniform, but I'm wondering now if that's not the case. Or if there's more to the Baron Ironblood reveal than we were led to believe.

I also really dig the cameo from the Solstar Order. It's always nice to see the other Space Knights.

17. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't expect two of the bits of Victorion to saunter off with the book but here we sit, complete with Soundwave being their slightly-exasperated Spock.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Decepticus Maximus

Decepticus Maximus Member

I wonder who the third "mystery villain" is? My money is on Tomax/Cobra Commander.

19. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    My current theory (if they're sticking with Colton being Ironblood) is Mike Power/Atomic Man.

20. Decepticus Maximus

Decepticus Maximus Member

But isn't Mike Power dead? My other theory is that this is Iron Klaw.