Minor/Repaint: First Repaint: ROTF Nightbeat (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Sharktibolt, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Howdy folks! This is my first attempt at painting a figure! It's nothing special or fancy, just going to repaint ROTF Nightbeat black. Why? Cause I feel like it. :D  Now how many people thought I would try repainting one of my 5 Sharkticons first....

[​IMG]

One of the first things I've done is repaint the outside of the car parts on the arms. I'm using Elmer's Painters pens to do this, and they dry really quick, with what I feel is a nice result.

[​IMG]

I haven't decided whether I'm going to repaint the flames in some other color or if I'm just going to leave it all black.

[​IMG]

The next thing I've done is repaint his left arm. What I've found out is the pens aren't small enough to reach every little crack, so I'll be going back to do the arm again at some point with something.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the only other things I've done is paint the headlights white and the flaps that make up hood of the car black.

So that's it so far. I'll be updating this thread as I progress. Comments and critiques are welcome. :D 

WIP Update #2- 11/20/09
    WIP Update #3- 11/21/09
    WIP Update #4- 11/25/09

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      69.9 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      69.7 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      70.1 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      87.3 KB
      Views:
    • 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      81.6 KB
      Views:
  2. blazingbullet10

blazingbullet10 Blazingbullet10000

really cool i cant wait to see it finished

3. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Looks like your off to a fine start.

4. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

I WAS PROMISED CUSTOM SHARKTICONS!!!! YOU LIED TO ME!!!!

:lol 

off to a good start, dude! keep it up! :thumb 

5. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Looking good! beware, repainting tfs is as addictive as nicotine!!

6. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice start. When I see Nightbeat & Dead End, I always think Frenzy & Rumble.

7. Sharktibolt

News Credits:
    :lol  Someday I'll touch my Sharkticons. Someday....

It IS very addicting! If I had to list the things I did today by percentage, painting this thing has definitiely taken about 50% of my day. :D 

[​IMG]

So first thing I did today was paint the other arm. You can see there's still some blue where the paint pen couldn't reach. If anyone knows where I can find a black paint pen that could fit in those cracks please let me know. You can also see where I touched on the inside of his left shoulder.

[​IMG]

Next I painted the blue on the back and on the left shoulder. I will probably need to go over the back again.

[​IMG]

After that I painted the front of the car that makes up the legs. Again, there's blue where the paint pen couldn't reach. I also went over the lights again with the white paint pen because I got black on it trying to get the areas around it.

[​IMG]

Finally I unscrewed his right leg and got all around the inside of it, but as you can see I did not get to the left leg.

So that's all for today. Comments and critiques are welcome, and I'll have more for tomorrow. :) 

Attached Files:

8. Sharktibolt

News Credits:
    Alright! Day 3 update!

[​IMG]

Alt mode's done! Almost. You can clearly see spots where I need to do over/retouch. The white spots came out nicer on camera than they are in person.

[​IMG]

If I wasn't worried about messing up the paint I'd show what I've done on the robot mode. Basically I painted the other shoulder and the inside of the other leg.

[​IMG]

I went to a local craft store and found a black paint pen that was perfect for getting all the cracks the other pen couldn't. But most of the cracks were more visable in robot mode, so I couldn't take pictures of what I did with them.

I don't know why, but I'm starting to get a Batmobile vibe from this thing. :D  Comments and critiques are welcome!

Also, is there a way to change the preview image to one of the newer pics?

Attached Files:

9. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Sweet. I like it. Just, why's he black?

Mmm...Batmobile...

10. Sharktibolt

News Credits:
    Why not? ;)  Honestly though, it all comes down to the choices I had. The marker pack I bought had five colors: white, black, red, blue, and green. Obvious I couldn't use blue or red, that's Nightbeat and Dead End. And I didn't think white would come out looking good. It came down to either green or black, and black won.

Now I've had some time to look at this guy and I've begun to come up with a little story for him:

Once a Decepticon, he had been hit by a shot during a battle that took a chunk out of his head. Abandoned by his team, he was found and aided by a young Autobot medic who refused to let him die. While the medic was unable to repair his vision, he was able to save the Decepticon's life, and in hopes of repaying his savior he agreed to join the Autobots.

[​IMG]

Later, he agreed to become a lab rat for some new sonar equipment the Autobots had been developing. Effectively becoming a bat, he was implanted with the newest sonar technology, and while he couldn't see, he trained himself to use the sonar as his new eyes.

[​IMG]

During his training, he heard stories about heroes from a planet called Earth. While he eventually found out these heroes were nothing more than the fiction of things called comic books, he still took to heart the stories of two of those heroes: Batman and Daredevil. Realizing the fact that he was already becoming like the Daredevil, he changed his alt-mode to look something like the many descriptions he was told of Batman's Batmobile.

[​IMG]

And so he gave himself a new name, and swore to use his ability to help those in need. For he is....THE BATDEVIL!

[​IMG]

So in addition to all that, I know I'm doing something wrong cause the paint seems to keep rubbing off at spots.

Comments and critiques are welcome! :D 

EDIT: I've just added links to the bottom of my first post to all my update posts and the dates they were added, so as time goes on and this possibly gets more pages, it'll be easier to find the latest update. :) 

Attached Files:

11. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

from nightbeat to nightwing! :D 

12. JorfimusPrime

JorfimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been reading your fantastic comic, and have about 900 pages left, but I got here from a link over there. Whatever happened to this, did you finish it? I like the work you've done on him, and I like his backstory.