First pics and info on 1998 Gold Beast Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TF@TM, Mar 13, 2011.

1. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    Some of you will argue that this isn't news as it releates to something that came out 13 years ago. Those who know what these are will realise the importance.

Lucky Draw Transformers has the first images (that we know of) and information on Gold Cheetas (Cheetor), Gold Rhinox, Gold Ratillus (Rattrap), Gold Dinobot and Gold Convoy (Optimus Primal) - oh and more on Gold Megatron.

The information explains why they have never been seen for sale (the four Maximals that is).

We've been trying to track down the magazine for ages and picked it up on our trip to Japan in October last year. Between the back issues my brother and I bought then and the back issues my brother bought when when he went back in Feb we have something like 80 issues to go through which we are slowly doing. Found some interesting things so far including are cardboard Armada Unicron

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    holy shit thats awesome!

What with inferno and insecticon below? I wonder if something was slated for them? I would loose my mind if there was a gold Inferno!

3. AMG

AMG Old School

OMG I want those badly.

4. TF@TM

News Credits:
    I've not translated that part, but they were probably also competiton prizes to get them before they were released normally. TV Magazine often has regular toys as prize

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    given how these have never ended up on E-bay I'd hazard a guess at saying these might have made it into the hands of kids rather then collectors and thus lost untill that lucky kid googles his old toys

6. TF@TM

News Credits:
    Yeah I think it is extermely unlikely these will ever been seen, although I also think that there must have been some samples made. We've managed to get bits in the past by pure chance, so I for one won't be giving up hope.