'first person' shooters on ps3 your recommendation.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by microclone, Feb 25, 2011.

1. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im severely out of the loop with shooters, i played doom, quake and loved them all those years ago...forward through time.... i recently played dead space (one) and enjoyed that, im probably less into games where you have to do a lot or retreading to complete missions (dead space) over well crafted series of mazes where you just have to shoot to get through (quake), what do you guys recommend on ps3?

thanks.

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dead Space isn't really a FPS, but the second one fixes the backtracking problems the first one had. I'd recommend either Killzone 3 or Modern Warfare 2, though.

3. microclone

News Credits:
    true on dead space, thats a 3rd person?, but im still looking at those type of games. thx for recommend.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Bad Company 2 and Killzone 2 & 3 are the best first person shooters on the PS3 imo and of course while not "first person" but Uncharted 2 has guns and should be played by everyone :eek: 

5. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Borderlands.

I'd recommend others but most FPS mek meh sek.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you can find a cheap copy of Resistance (which should be quite easy to find), check it out. It's a pretty awesome game with killer weapons.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Killzone 2 or Borderlands

8. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Modern Warfar 2 is good

9. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Modern Warfare 2 is a Challenge Lobby fest if you play online :/

Black Ops is quite good and so is Killzone 2 & 3 + Resistance!

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't really recommend Killzone 3 yet because i've only played the demo but from the looks of it so far, its awesome.

Modern Warfare 2... It still gets ton of play online but the hackers have ruined this game for everyone. Although i'm seeing less hackers than before, they are still there cheating and de-ranking everyone. If you do get this game and play online, the first thing you need to do is jump! IF you can leap over buildings, BACK OUT

Black Ops... Nowhere near as fun as MW2. If you never played MW2 than you might actually like the game. Its a couple of steps backwards but no hackers:2c: 

Killzone 2... Awesome game, fantastic single player experience! You should really get this game before buying KZ3. It's too bad KZ 1 was never ported over to the PS3, although the game lacked in some areas, its nice to play games from start to finish.

Wolfenstein... Judging from your first post, you are just like me and might actually like this game. It plays just like the old Doom games of yesterday.. which is a bad thing lol. 1st person shooters have changed so much recently, its hard to play those old games anymore but if you need to get your feet wet, dive in with this one. You can get this game super cheap, under 15 dollars:thumbs2: 

Vanquish... Its not a first person shooter but the game is amazing! I picked it up at Target for 20 bucks and although its short, the game is such a blast! Get this one if you want to play something wild and different.

BTW, if you do buy KZ3, get it off newegg! Its 50 shipped

11. microclone

News Credits:
    thanks for the input everyone, i should also have specified singlepayer mode is my main consideration but lots upe there seems to fit the bill. Lots to go at there, probably rent some of those from blockbuster.

thx.

12. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are you open to third person shooters? If your primary concern is singleplayer than disregard any Call of Duty title. They're pretty much the same game over and over, and the campaigns are short and full of terrible game design (bad ai, enemy closets, incredibly cheap difficulty, linear as could be, etc).

I would recommend Uncharted 2, Just Cause 2, and Vanquish for third person awesomeness. on the FPS side of things the upcoming Killzone 3 fits the bill. Also Battlefield 3, but you'll want the PC version of that.

13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Kz3 borderlands resistance cod( though I hate cod) and uncharted for 3ps

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dislike FPS' in general, but I'm totally into Borderlands.

15. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Killzone 2 & 3 are excellent. Plus bot support means you can still enjoy them when the campaigns are done.

16. deadinthewater

deadinthewater I like it here

If you want a good singleplayer, I would recommend The Orange Box (it has Half-life 2, HL2 episode 1 and HL2 episode 2). It's third-person, and if you don't mind open-world games, Red Faction: Guerrilla is really good. Also, though it lacks in a well-developed single-player mode, Blacklight: Tango Down is immensely fun, and is only 10 bucks on the Playstation Store. And, along with everybody else, I highly recommend playing both Uncharted games, Borderlands, and Killzone 2 and (probably) Killzone 3.
    Hope this helps find good games!

17. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I'm not really into FPS games, but Killzone 2 is pretty good MP is always fun, I assume KZ3 is even better but I probably won't get it till it goes Platinum...

18. Armoredrah

Armoredrah Junkion

I'm all about a good FPS. The best are Resistance 1-3, Killzone 2&3, BulletStorm, Dead Island (it's first person, but guns are few and far between), Bioshock 1&2, FarCry 2, Call of Duty (any of them), Borderlands, and amy Medal of Honor games.

In my opinion, nothing beats the first two Resistance games. I'm only about half way through R3 and so far it's not as impressive as the first two were. Dead Island seems great, but I have barely played it, since I'm trying to complete R3 right now.
    I have over 100 games, not counting minis and PS1 classic downloads. Everytime I sit down to play, it ends up being one of the Resistance titles. I honestly think I play my PSP more than my PS3 though. I find Borderlands to be a bit boring and overly slow in story progression. Bioshock and Bioshock 2 are nice, but again, kinda slow. FarCry 2, slow.
    Medal of Honor was better on the PS1 and Gamecube as far as gameplay. It's all in what you like though.

19. 13 Primes

13 Primes MCU Fan

I Don't Play First Person, But I hear Resistance is supposed to be Really good,
    and like Others have said, If your Open to 3rd Person I Would highly
    recommend Uncharted 1 and 2, and I Got the chance to play the
    Online beta for Uncharted 3 and it was Awesome!!!
    and That comes out on Nov.1 so thats coming out, And theres Battlefield 3
    and Skyrim that are both 1st person Coming out in Oct. and Nov. this year
    Hope this Helps :thumbs2: 

20. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

God of war - ALL
    Infamous - both
    Red dead
    L.A Noire
    Assassians Creed - 2,3 and the upcoming game in Nov
    Star wars force unleashed 1,2

These are some of my favorite games. I don't play FPS's either but I have played Killzone 3 demo and its pretty good.