First official TF review on IGN!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by El_Cucuy, Jun 28, 2007.

1. El_Cucuy

El_Cucuy That dog don't hunt!

The first "official" review of Transformers has been posted on IGN. It should be noted that it was the Australian branch of the site that reviewed the movie, though I honestly can't imagine the American review being all that different. How well did it score, you ask? Well, just read and find out! Be forewarned though: if you want to avoid any spoilers, it'd be best if you just skipped the review as a whole and went straight to the score.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/800/800121p1.html

2. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

Ouch. 7/10 huh? Pretty mediocre.

3. El_Cucuy

El_Cucuy That dog don't hunt!

Actually, all things considered, I'd say that's pretty damn good. I can say with all certainty that IGN probably gave it a better review than most other critics will.

4. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

7/10 for a Bay action film , and his best movie "since THE ROCK"? That sounds pretty damn good to me!

His summing up:

5. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

IGN aren't the only ones posting reviews...things seem to be generally positive in an almost-attempting-not-to-be-too-disparaging manner. The same comments seem to be prevalent regarding the film's slam-bang action, amazing FX and simple story, as well as the human cast's varying levels of quality.

Here's a couple (you could follow the links from IGN, but I thought I'd make it easier for everyone):

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_the_movie/

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117933974.html?categoryid=31&cs=1

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Since when is 7 out of 10 is mediocre? Have the Internets reassigned the value of ratings now to either 'Excellent' or 'It Blows'? :p 

7. andychen

andychen Member

IGN review gave Fantastic Four 2: Rise of Silver Surfer 7.5/10 too. Now that is strange to me. Fantastic Four sucks big time, I only gave it 2/10 and all my friends who have watched it said it is a CRAP film. I just wonder how some of the internet reviewers gave ratings. The reviewers suck sometimes.

8. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

holy shit i have no more respect for ign since FF2 got a better rating. that movie sucked ass.

plus the reviewer got so much wrong IE saying that mags turned into a plane, gun and tank?wow. plz watch the movie before reviewing it....