First Movie Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Captain Acehole, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Captain Acehole

Captain Acehole Smooth...

What were some of the good not-appearing-on-screen characters from the first movie line? Are there any I should avoid? I've been eying things like Longarm, Landmine, Wreckage and Salvage. If others are recommended, I might check those out too.

2. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    i don't own them but my sister does and her favorites are salvage and longarm,the other 2 are great but just have a few more flaws,but either one you get have fun with them.

CAUTION:if you are getting landmine then be aware that his head falls of easily.

3. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Landmine and Longarm are two of my favorites, along with Arcee. All are VERY solid figures. If you are more into the 'Cons, then Wreckage, Dropkick, Incinerator, and Payload are all very good too. Salvage is good, but I have mine at work touching up a bit removing his AllSpark Blue. It is VERY noticeable and a bit on the heavy side. I'd say get his Decepticon version Dropkick.

4. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    All Non-Movie figs are f*cking great, seriously.

Wreckage especially is badass

5. Ratchet2007

News Credits:
    Mines doesn't

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Dropkick is awesome (much better than Salvage IMO). Longarm is pretty cool. And Stockade is great.

7. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Yeah, I love Stockade. Now available in Autobot flavor (Gears).

8. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

:thumbs2: This!!

Wreckage was my 1st movie toy I opened and he is still in the top 5. Longarm and Landmine as awesome as well. IGNORE PAYLOAD!!! They should have named him PANTLOAD!!

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think I greatly enjoyed just about all the non-onscreen movie figures. Even Payload. If I was going to put a top three here though it would have to be Landmine, Longarm and Dropkick.

10. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always felt Landmine was majorly overrated - as bumblebot98 says his head comes off very easily (especially when transforming) and while he's got a good alt mode, the robot mode isn't anything to write home about (hands aside).

My favourite 'offscreen' TFs are Stockade, Dropkick, Wreckage, Longarm and the Wal-mart-exclusive Deluxes.

The ones to avoid are: Payload, Swindle/Camshaft, either version of the 'camera-head' jet (can't remember the names)

11. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I love Landmine. Almost Alternator-level of attention to detail on his alt mode (working suspension!), and a minute with a small sharp blade will give you individually articulated fingers. Only niggle is his hands don't hold his gun that well, so I just leave it on his back, deploying over his shoulder.

Oh, and he looks like Dune Runner's dad.

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    What he said.

Swindle is weakest though but looks awesome when painted. Wreckage is AWESOME when repainted.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, all the non-screen movie figures are excelent, save Swindle and Camshaft because they are not so great looking in bot mode, their gimmick generaly sucks in both modes (the chest cannon/car mode turbo rocket thing), and articulation is sub-par. Everything else is great (I personaly like the one-lens-eye drones, they make great generic fodder for physical action scenes when using the more known character toys like BB and Sideswipe to kill them).

HOWEVER, if you want to try giving TF's custom details, then you just can't go wrong with Swindle or Camshaft. The mold is so god afull in terms of robot mode detail that ANYTHING you do to it in terms of detail highlights will work wonders for the mold. Take it from the guy who made a full-fledged new character from a Camshaft and then used it as the source for his username (me). Also, Salavge works great too if you put a good number of rust coats all over him, makes him fit his bio more AND look more like the "Sampson & Son" trademark truck.

14. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

I only got three offscreen characters: Arcee, Wreckage, and Longarm, and I couldn't have been happier with them. If you can only get three, I'd say get these.

15. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

Landmine,Wreckage,Camshaft's alright, Longarm(you might wanna wait for the Hoist repaint.) But yeah, the line was just really good in general.

16. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Not digging the Swindle hate on here. It's a very good toy.

Every issue he has is shared by Sideways from RotF, who the crowd on here seem to love.

They're all decent (I've got all except Incinerator) - the pick of the bunch is Wreckage. The best of the rest are Arcee, Stockade, and Dreadwing.

The only one to avoid really is Payload - that figure is a stumpy mess.

17. Ratchet2007

News Credits:
    It is ?

I can think of none

18. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    Vehicle mode with visible panel seams? Check

Lame gimmick? Check

Piss poor paint application? Check (Sideway's abdominal chunk of red is easily one of the most ugly sights I've seen associated with Transformers since I saw proto pictures of Leader Bulkhead)

Odd torso proportions due to transformation scheme? Check

19. Ratchet2007

News Credits:
    Nothing wrong with the panels

There not lame

Camshaft doesn't have piss poor applications and Sideways red torso is better in person

And I don't see anything wrong with the torso

20. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    Applies equally to both Swindle and Sideways

Chest Cannon v Spinning hand? Or both?

It really isn't. Sideways sits right at the very back of the movie continuity part of my display, to hide that great big honking red eyesore.

There's nothing wrong with their torsos objectively so much as Swindle gets picked up on for his transformation and chest cannon gimmick giving him an obscure torso proportion, whereas no one seems to think it's an issue with Sideways.

I'm not saying either is a poor toy, I'm just saying that I'm bemused at the amount of Swindle bashing given that he has the same faults as a toy that is given a great deal more praise.