First major (credible?) review

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ColdRod, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Well contrary to the now popular opinion that no one could ever be worse than Megan Fox, I can't say I'm surprised to see Rosie get ripped apart. Even if it's just out of spite, we all know that a lot of people (particularly reviewers) are going to have a huge problem with the fact that before she was plucked to be in TF3, all she's ever done prior was walk down runways half naked modelling underwear. Throw in Bay's typical objectifying body scanning opening shot of her and her fate is more or less sealed where critics are concerned.

I'll reserve my judgment on her acting until I actually see the movie, but I can say that I sure don't have high expectations. Regardless of how cool it has become to rip apart Megan Fox ever since Team Bay threw her to the curb, I do believe that, yes, things could definitely be worse than her. Guess we'll find out in a few days.

2. WarDrums

WarDrums Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people are seriously in love with Megan Fox.

3. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Kind of annoying that he spends almost half the review chastising Rosie. We get it. You don't think she's a good actress, now talk about something else, like the plot and the robots perhaps???
    This is why I prefer Empire......

4. WarDrums

I think he is really upset Fox was replaced.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah probably. And a lot of people loathe her to the point of wanting to see her head on a spike. I personally think she has an idiotic immature attitude and let fame go to her head way too fast, but I don't think she was any worse in the TF movies than anyone else in terms of showing off acting chops. And as a stickler for cast consistency in movie trilogies, I do wish she was in TF3 - even if it was just to get killed off 2 minutes into it. I also think there was slightly more plausibility that someone like her & Shia would get together in the movies given their circumstances, whereas nothing about him having a new rich supermodel girlfriend seems believable at all. I can't wait to see how they try to make sense of that one.

6. WarDrums

It won't make any sense at all.

Nor did Megan with Shia...

The love interest storyline doesn't make or break these movies.

7. casabonita

casabonita Autobot

News Credits:
    This. My sister bought a ticket to see it at midnight with me so we've been having Transformers 101 last night we watched the first movie and tonight will be ROTF she hardly laughed, she laughed twice once at Mojo I love you and when Judy goes if you hurt my dog I'll kick your ass and they weren't even laughs just mere chuckles. It was painful to watch with someone who isn't a fan. She didn't insult it but there was a lot of what was the point of this and that etc. So I definitely agree with this comment. I think it's safe to say most of us live for the robot action.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I think that site has a history of being revisionist when it clashes with the Tomatometer.

9. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    This review means not shit to me.

10. DeathscytheFish

DeathscytheFish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. ColdRod

ColdRod Well-Known Member

^^Hitflix review is good, hes honest about the minimal bad humor, and didn't let it ruin the experience. Seems a bit too "gushy" but its a more complete review. thanks for postin.