First Look Hot-Rod In Transformers The Last Knight

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Music

Music Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I think he'll get rid of it by the time he becomes a Prime. In the IMAX preview, it was said that he chose the French accent as he liked it. This implies Transformers are able to change their accents.

• Like Like x 2
  2. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer I rise, you fall

News Credits:
    What if he becomes a prime, and when he does he has this transformation sorta like OP's arms in AoE. Like all his little panels spin around revealing a lot of Orange and/or red, he gains a lot of height, and the wings on his back fold up and transform into a more Rodimus position.

3. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

It is about the Transformers though, the humans are pretty much set pieces to the main story. Let's look at the facts. Why is the Last Knight important? It's because of the Cybertronian tech and the bond that needs a Cybertronian knight to explore its full potential. Why is Merlin and Vivian important? Because of the Cybertronian staff given by the Cybertronian knights. Why is Earth important? Because of the actions of the Transformers.

Also I did not say that Vivian is a Headmaster, I was giving an example of how humans had focus but ultimately the Transformers were still more important. I said that I believed that Vivian is required to activate the Omega Lock because the staff probably only responds to its owner.

The main focus of this story seems to be Cade and Optimus, more so on Optimus. Remember the two of them are connected to two different prophecies that seemed to be intertwined with each other.

More on topic, I had always thought (and hoped) that Hot Rod would become a Prime. I know the set interviews did say that Hot Rod would have a huge role in this film. But it seems they're really pushing the idea of Bumblebee being the new leader. Maybe not a Prime but definitely as Cybertron's newest knight, I have no doubt about that now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Music

Music Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    The story revolves around the Transformers, sure, but I hate it when human have to be part of this whole destiny thing. I enjoy the movies to a current extent, but the human element is a little too strong for me. For example, why does Cade have to part of the Bumblebee VS Prime battle?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Maybe Bee can become a knight and Hot Rod can become a Prime. That way fans of both characters will be happy!

6. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    How do we not know? He's named Hot Rod in the movie right? He looks NOTHING like Hot Rod, not even the right colors, no features that define the character as Hot Rod...so how are we not sure that this is the case?

7. Mirimus

Mirimus Well-Known Member

Technically, none of them should have accents, should they? It's been totally forgotten, but it was established in the first movie that their native language is (logically) electronic/mechanical in nature, so the accents have to be something they can turn on and off at will as they're speaking any human language.

And as I say this, I realize that continuity is sometimes only a vague concept with these movies...

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's confirmed that his personality's a lot like the classic Hot Rod people know about if that's what you mean.

9. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    He looks like his own brand of Hot Rod. No one said he had to look like all the other Hot Rods.
    10 years from now there will be other Hot Rods based on this version of Hot Rod.
    Ain't nothing we can do about it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like this design i havent been that much of a fan of hotrod but i can get behind this 

11. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    also am i the only one that sees that old looking biplane in the background 

12. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    One thing I noticed from the article is the line "The humans are going to be empowered in a way that is very different than before, and honestly, it's not that easy figuring out..."
    To me that kind of seems par for the course though, remember how Decepticons and Autobots have just gotten shredded by humans in in the last two movies, and even since the beginning really. I think the movie will be more of the same, despite what they say in the article about it being different than before.

13. BumblebeeFan71

I can understand that. Though Cade's there because he's bonded to Optimus, the whole human knight and Cybertronian knight bond thing that they're going for.

But it is different, the humans this time are empowered because of Cybertronian tech. In the previous films it was because of Earth's own technology that allowed them to go head to head with the Decepticons. Now they seem to be aiming for something much more reasonable. I'm not too keen on the idea of powerful humans, but at least it's more understandable this time around.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hopout

Hopout Skrrt Skrrt

Instagram:
    Tumblr:

thats actually a wicked keen observation man

15. Music

Music Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Eh, the bond element feels so abrupt. It took him 4 movies for Prime to realize he has a human bond? It's an unnecessary story element which brings about more continuity errors.

Also, if that's the case, then who's Megatron's human bond? He's rumored to be a knight.

16. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Mirage was supposed to do more in DOTM, such as fighting Starscream and his cloaknig abilities even made it to concept art, but his role was reduced because of Ferrari demands on how the character should be potrayed

17. BumblebeeFan71

Probably no one since Cade is the last human knight that's bonded with a Cybertronian knight. Everyone else is probably dead.

18. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    they should've chosen a different licenced altmode for mirage, a Subaru or Jaguar would've been better. Ferrari literally ruined the character on purpose.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  19. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Well Bay really wanted a Ferrari for the character. once he sets his eyes on a specific vehicle or location, he will do anything to use that vehicle or location.

20. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He didn't do more because Ferrari wouldn't let them do more with Dino. That was not Mirage in the movie and they even say it on the special features. Mirage evolved so much in concept that they just dropped Mirage altogether and made this character "Dino" his own Character. Same thing they did with Dinobot Swoop to Strafe. Strafe is not Swoop and is his own character. Even deamed so by Hasbro.

• Like Like x 2