First Look At Transformers: Bot Bots

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The instructions for the single packs are a few pages back

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    Thank you. I'll get one on Saturday. Hopefully I'll get the one with The Plop Father, since he's one of the few that's only available in one assortment. I'll let y'all know which Lost Bot comes with whichever one I get. If my luck holds, it'll be my fifth Bonz Eye. LOL.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Grand Slam

Grand Slam "The sounds of war are history speaking."

Based on Ebeneezer's algorithm, I've been lucky with my Toilet Troop and Techie Team packs. Ironically, that makes me hesitant to gamble on the 2/3 chance of getting lucky again with the Sugar Shocks. These damn things need to get into the wild where I can see what I am buying.

edit: The single cases are now available to preorder from two places in the UK (but still none in the US to my knowledge):

Transformers Botbots Sealed Case Of 24 Randoms - Kapow Toys

https://www.indemandtoys.co.uk/prod...ts-sealed-case-of-24-random-botbots-series-1/

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    If I order 3, do I get one of each pack, or do I get screwed with 3 of the same?

How do I contact the seller and stipulate "I do not want packs at random"?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    You'll get three randoms. I did that with the Toilet Troop and got a duplicate set. They did the same when I ordered two Techie Team sets too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hungover Rover

Hungover Rover Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really only need 1 of the 3 sugar shock teams. If I get distinct ones then I will most likely keep them all. If I get any duplicates I’ll send it right back to Amazon. Their return center is close enough to my work that I’m willing to deal with the hassle of a return

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    My Sugar Shocks shipped and they're already in the next hub for delivery to my local post office. Should have them tomorrow afternoon.

Not knowing which Lost Bot is in any of the three sets, the best I can do is getting all five as new Bots. The worst I can do is only getting two new ones out of the five pack.

I'm hoping to get the set with The Plop Father, since the others are all available in other packs.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. MagicDishwasher

MagicDishwasher Roustabout

News Credits:
    Got my Sugar Shocks set, and unfortunately it was the one with two doubles for me (Ms. Take and Shredder Jack). On the plus side, I now have the lollipop guy, the milkshake, and . . . the plunger! He's the Lost Bot for this set. Might have to roll the dice again on getting The Plop Father . . .

• Like Like x 4
  9. EbeneezerScourge

EbeneezerScourge Well-Known Member

I think that gives us at least one way of getting every figure except for Game Over.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    I just got mine. It has The Plop Father so that's one scarce Bot I can cross off my list.
    The Lost Bot in this set is Burgertron. It also comes with Waddlepop, Slappy Happy and Nailbiter. So 4 out of 5 are new for me. I'm happy with my luck here.

Ploppy's arms are a nail killer trying to get out. Hopefully he loosens up. The bottom half comes out entirely, so you can push them out with your finger if you have this problem.

Just to add: The Plop Father has a waist swivel. It's not used for transformation.

IMG_20181117_134924.jpg IMG_20181117_134513.jpg IMG_20181117_134507.jpg

Nailbiter IMG_20181117_140018.jpg IMG_20181117_135946.jpg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  11. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Now, there’s a Hammer, and we certainly have BotBots that would constitute “Song,” but do we have a Bell BotBot? If so, an idea comes to mind...

• Like Like x 4
  12. MagicDishwasher

News Credits:
    Okay, the Lost Bot for the last Sugar Shocks pack is Game Over. (So it's football, pencil, donut, unicorn, game controller)

• Like Like x 8
  13. EbeneezerScourge

EbeneezerScourge Well-Known Member

Now that we have a method to get all 61 bots, you're looking at $200 to get all 61 figures and you'll get 25 duplicates.

All 3 sugar packs, both techie packs, toilet #2, greasers #1, #2, and #4, (jock #1 or jock #4) and a full blind case

We still don't know if the blind packs are identifiable by individual figure, right?

Edit - Turns out you're going to need 19 of the 24 figures from the blind case going either of those two routes. So if you can identify which is which, you shave off 5 duplicate figures and the price goes down to $177 for all 61.

Edit 2 - My duplicate math was wrong. Updated the dupe numbers.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    So if you were to order a full case of the 8 5-packs (Robotkingdom had them recently), would you get one of each different set? 3 Sugars, 3 Toilets and 2 Techies? Or are the cases split differently? I'm just wondering because amazon listings for the Sugar Shocks didn't go up until a few weeks after the other two groups. Surely amazon would have listed them all at once otherwise?

According to my parcel tracking I'll be getting a full case of the single blind packs tomorrow, so will update this thread (assuming no-one has done so already - 61 pages is a lot!!!) if there are any small packaging differences that might indicate which bot is in which pack.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MagicDishwasher

News Credits:
    If they're anything like the Lost Kitty blind packs that Hasbro is doing right now, there will be an embossed string of numbers somewhere on the back of the packaging. The last two digits of each number should indicate which bot is which.

So if any of that checks out when you have them in hand, keep track of the numbers as you open em!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    After I get Dr Moggly from the Techie Team 5pk, I'll probably just grab the case of the Single and 8 Packs. I don't know if or when these will be stocked locally at our Walmart and I'm not going to blindly order random 8 Packs like I did with the 5 Packs. It'll ultimately be cheaper for me this way and I can always give away or sell any doubles.

17. Grand Slam

Grand Slam "The sounds of war are history speaking."

I successfully hooked my daughter on these, which makes collecting them so much more fun. The itch is bad enough that, as other threads in this sub-forum get bumped, I keep thinking, "not Botbots, don't care." Maybe that'll change when I see Siege in-store, but probably not...

• Like Like x 4
  18. Hungover Rover

Hungover Rover Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m jonesing for more bots too. I keep checking to see where I can get the 24 pack blind case in the US

• Like Like x 3
  19. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    • Like Like x 8
  20. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    Hopefully we can start to see them at retail in the next few days or so. They're already in in Asia and Amazon has the 5 Packs, so they're definitely should be at full retail soon.