First Look At Transformers: Bot Bots

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chuck has a review up : TcQByUWPEEs

I won't imbed it as mods don't always like it but that is the video ID
    An you can easily find it with a couple of click from the channel page : Charles A Emanuele

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I opened up my 4 packs today. I'm not really blown away by them. lots of really tight parts that are making me question if I should get these for my nephew for Christmas.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    EPIC!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

Good job not reading the instructions, that have the character names on them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He didn't seem to even noticed the Instructions even existed. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  6. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Your cadaverous palor betrays an aura of forboding

The names would probably just be misspelled anyway. It seems like half of the onscreen text is not spelled correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you had a strong LED flashlight - can you see what is inside the red bubbles with a strong light ?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hungover Rover

Hungover Rover Active Member

News Credits:
    So I got a Techie Team and Toilet Troop pack from Amazon this morning.
    I do love these stupid little bots.
    My Toilet Troop pack consisted of Fro Hawk, King Toots, Sticky McGhee, Unilla IceQueenCone and Dim Lit.
    My Techie Team pack: NRJeez, Dr. Moggly, Skillz Punk, Miss Take, and Burgertron.

The plastic quality is better than Tiny Turbo Changers, but they do have some elasticity/rubbery feel on some of the smaller parts.
    My concerns are:
    1. The small ball joint that holds one of Unilla's wings in is a bit tight due to ball joint having white paint on it. I don't know how to easily fix this other than being careful where I put pressure when moving the wing. The plastic has enough give that if I try to pop out the ball joint - I can see the wing shearing right off it.
    2. These are glued together. No screw holes. This will make fixing tolerances on some of the joints difficult. Fro Hawk's lid won't slide down to cover his face - I think this is due to either a change in design or the lid is glued shut. It is really hard to tell if the lid is actually meant to lower. Also, the hole for flipping out the mohawk is too small so I can't flip it back for Hairspray/Spray Paint mode. This can be fixed with an Exacto knife to make the hole long enough.
    Considering who this line is marketed to, I can see some of these breaking in the hands of the ham-fisted (kids). Due to the combo of tight tolerances and the soft plastic - some moving pieces feel like they get stuck to each other.

Some thoughts on individual bots: Great, Good, OK, Meh, Avoid.
    NRJeez - Great! This one caught me off guard. One of the ones I was not all that excited about but turns out to be one of my current favorites. The cola fizzy brain reveal is ridiculous. Great transform if the arms are a bit sticky to pull out.
    King Toots - Great! He has Autobot symbols embossed all over his body for the toilet paper design. The parts you swing out to uncover his face are on ball joints and really help with the unraveling mummy look.
    Unilla IceQueenCone - Great! If I can't fix her wing joint, I will get a second to keep in sundae mode.
    Sticky McGhee - Good. Good transform, face has personality, convincing tape dispenser mode.
    Dr. Moggly - OKAY - good transform but VR headset is lacking in detail/paint and thus it's a headset because we say it is. I also wish he had a visible mouth like how he is drawn.
    Fro Hawk - MEH. Not one I was all that jazzed to begin with. Visible face syndrome and tolerances on flipping out the mohawk lower it more.
    Dim Lit - Great. I'm glad you can hide the face. Cute little dude. Ams are a little tight to pull out.
    Skillz Punk - Good. Not a design I was excited about, but good and solid.
    Miss Take - Good. Solid. I like it more for the punny name than anything.
    Burgertron - MEH. I wish the transform had more to it - the face/head is too big IMO. The one I was most disappointed with.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    Can't believe they're coming out already. Pictures when you have the chance please? :) 

• Like Like x 3
  10. Hungover Rover

News Credits:
    I took a chance and was able to remove Unilla’s wing successfully. After sanding off the white paint on the ball joint, it works lovely now and I have no worries of the wing breaking off the joint.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Hungover Rover

News Credits:
    9169931E-A811-4725-A2A9-D888BFA11FAF.png 1C1D4F12-45F1-470F-9D51-8BE597514F38.png 3EBE462F-CE92-4376-A270-F2F20C307159.png 67308B29-DDCE-4F50-8D3B-50EBC6DC27F2.png 74DE285D-F59B-475D-A3D3-1FF09F4678E7.png F71ADBE2-7BAB-4AEA-8D19-8347BD43F26B.png D2888043-C73E-4441-BB42-E6DC9B80319A.png C8AA9920-7176-4C26-9790-3A3A6C77EEC4.png 24E7F336-9461-4EE0-8096-F365284A9D44.png A36852E3-FFC3-4E74-8821-B83E94A32AE2.png Here are some quick pics

• Like Like x 9
  12. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    I just love how creative they're being with these. They're clearly having a lot of fun here.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If that eraser holder one was able to use a real detachable refillable eraser, I'd use it for work everyday.

• Like Like x 2
  14. EbeneezerScourge

EbeneezerScourge Active Member

And another Lost Bot is matched with the packaging, too bad it's one of the ones in the blind case. I'm hoping someone can point to what pack holds Clogstopper or Game Over soon, then we'll have at least one path to get every figure.

I'm not entirely convinced that there's enough room in his helmet for it to physically be able to slide down. I was partially hoping that maybe mine was just too tight to transform correctly.
    The mohawk on mine flips out just fine, it was a little tight at first, but after a transformation or two it's now relatively easy.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    Pics of the instructions from Robot Kingdom FB: Robotkingdom

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Are these ready to purchase yet? I'm even having a hard time searching them on eBay.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Not widespread no. RK seems to have the case of the single packed blind bag figures and amazon has some of the multi-figure packs.

I wouldn't worry stores most likely will start stocking around Black Friday. Gotta get that green early from the holiday shoppers after all.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally got my packs today, I got the same 2 as Hungover Rover. Odd that King Toots was the only bathroom themed bot in the Toilet Troop pack. And the cap won't slide down on my Fro Hawk either, definitely looks like glue in there.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    Fro Hawk is hair spray. That's usually a bathroom product, but YMMV. ;) 

• Like Like x 1