First Look At Transformers: Bot Bots

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 18, 2018.

1. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I’m not aiming to collect them all, but it would be nice to not have too much redundancy along the way.

Though, I’d also like to note that I would not be interested in blind bagged Battle and Micro Masters. That’s going way too far.

If you haven’t seen these Topop BeastBox Penguins, here’s even more flappy, slappy birds.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh well spotted that is a relief - now what I'd really like someone to do now is get their magnifying glass out and look for item specific codes on the blind bags then I can figure out what is the logical sets to buy to get the complete set with the least duplicates.

I do have a though though - is there going to be chase ones made of clear or gold plastic ? or running change repaints (like changing the colour of the slushy cups or soap bar).

I guess If I wanted there is always the option to change the colour of the icing on the cup cake to another colour or find some way to display them so they look like a tray of cakes.

Battle beast would make great Blind Bag or gashpon toys (so long as they had a number on the packet) they are about the same size as a Tiny Titan Changer or Botbots too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. EbeneezerScourge

EbeneezerScourge Well-Known Member

Right now the optimal pack buys (including a full blind case) will only get you 10 known duplicates and up to another 5 in lost bots. The blind case is giving you five of those duplicates, so if they have a code you're looking at 5-10 duplicates to get 58 of the 61 characters. Unfortunately the belt sander is only available in 8 packs, and would be the only unique figure you'd get out of it unless it comes with a good Lost Bot.

4. Max Tower

News Credits:
    Well I was thinking about doing it the other way around getting the 5 and 8 packs (assuming the Lost-bots are all unique and not duplicates. Then either buying a case and selling the ones I don't need still sealed. or waiting until the show up in a supermarket and farming the cases for the unique pack ins. leaving the ones that are also in the 5 & 8 packs alone and unbought.

The Lost bots are the key here for me. I don't want to 'not' have them if avoidable.

I wonder if Takara will make Campaign toys of these too ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. EbeneezerScourge

I got four unique five packs at random, the only duplicate figure I got was a Lost Bot. There are 16 different 5/8 packs and only 7 Lost Bots. There's definitely going to be duplication. My goal is to know what Lost Bot comes in what pack, and if no one else posts the answer I guess I will just be buying every pack.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Max Tower

News Credits:
    I'm sure we will figure it out soon enough but at this early stage and the limited distribution so far any duplicates might be easy to sell on to the curious.

Did you get the 5 packs on Amazon ?

It's kinda ironic they premiere the line at a london convention - yet I have no clue if or when these will even show up in the UK or where if anywhere will get them. (other than some place like Kapow)

• Like Like x 1
  7. EbeneezerScourge

Yep, bought them on a Saturday, they were in my hands on Monday. Sometimes I love this whole internet thing..

Now I must wait until they get to retail somewhere so I don't end up with duplicate packs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you (or anyone who has them) post any shots of the instructions yet?

• Like Like x 1
  9. EbeneezerScourge

Toilet Troop #2, back just has the mall checklist that has been seen before.

toilet_troop_2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are these guys hard plastic or softer tiny turbo changer plastic?

11. EbeneezerScourge

They're not Generations hard, but from what I've heard they are harder than tiny turbos. I do not have any tiny turbos of my own to confirm or deny though.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I ordered two each of the Toilet troop and Techie sets. If I end up getting a double of the same pack I'll be giving the set to my Nephew for Christmas. He loves his sisters shopkins, so I bet he will be crazy about these.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These are definitely cheap enough to hand out doubles to kids. The first taste is free, kids. The next hit of toy crack will cost ya.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Max Tower

News Credits:
    Well if somewhere that groups the UPC's gets them if you get duplicates you can always exchange them when they become more available I guess.

I wonder if they are on amazon UK at all - I have some money on my Amazon Gift card balance.

Oh speaking of which if you start a new Amazon account - and look under the gift card tabs (or you have an existing account and have never bought a gift card) you will find a bunch of special offers things like load £40.00 to your card get £5.00 on top or for the USA Load $100.00 get $7.00 on top.

If you are looking to spend money at Amazon between now and Jan it might be something to consider.

• Like Like x 2
  16. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

I ordered a Toilet Troop set yesterday, should get here tomorrow. My kids want some too, so I'll let them have one each, and they'll get more for Christmas.

• Like Like x 3
  17. GabeMSzn

GabeMSzn Well-Known Member

when are these suppose to be out? Are they out already?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It sucks not having any funds for the next few paychecks, otherwise I'd pick up those sets that are available on Amazon right now. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Max Tower

News Credits:
    They are sort of out - 'a bit' In that you can order the Blind bags from Moonbase JP or robot kingdom and a couple of the carded packs from amazon.com

Did anyone keep the URL for the other multi packs ?
    or is it just those two listed ?

I wonder why they vanished them.

Is it just 2 pack in Wave one ?.. It's very curious.

Oh and speaking of Amazon - Amazon USA has spend $100 in gift cards get a $7.50 bonus
    & the UK has £6.00 bonus when you buy £30 on a gift card.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

As an addendum to my previous post, my wife asked why I hadn't ordered the school supply ones and I had to inform her it was because they weren't available yet. This pack might have one, but it's just hilarious that Botbots have made my wife actually want Transformers :lol 

I have to admit, I feel so dorky that I'm a 42-year-old man who's more excited about receiving my Botbots than just about any other TF purchase over the last 2 or 3 years :D 

• Like Like x 2