First look at MPM Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Devastator21

Devastator21 Fanstoys zombie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Find out when all stores closest get their truck. Go their opening time.

2. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 I MET BOTH MPMs IN STORE TODAY. THEY EXIST!

News Credits:
    you severely overestimate my will, let alone my self-esteem to do anything for myself

Is it so hard to just want to see at least one of these MPMs on the shelf in my lifetime? I'm 95% convinced those in-store videos and pictures were staged

3. artimus prime

artimus prime Collector of Multiple TF Lines

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    They aren't. I bought both of my MPM's in store, on the shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  4. eltonlin98

News Credits:
    just yanking your chain thar

To date, I've only ever seen MP-21 in store, and I think I might have even seen a Prowl once? But otherwise, no dice. I did the phone method and did find out they had 8 MP-10s at one point. I think the hype is still strong, and I will see it eventually, but it's just not very reassuring to think that future MPMs will always have to be imported to get into the collection. I'm very deep rooted in the joys of brick and mortar, I like the option of buying in store, and the comfort of refunding an item if it is not up to par with quality.

5. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Nah, thats how i get all my tlk stuff.

You think finding tfs. Is hard. Try finding marvel legends that arent swapped.

6. True Savage

True Savage Anti rapid fanbase member

the first pic looks optimus has a receding hair line or a five head.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I don't want to be a dick or that guy, but i told everyone here that the head was sitting low than it should and we needed a mod to fix it, and they said to me that i was just having a ridiculous nitpicking.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    This is fine. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jhund

Jhund Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    no idea about that lol i only came into the thread . roughly when the figure was released. still needs a better head though , eye's abit to foxy slitty*? imo

• Like Like x 1
  10. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, sorry for that

11. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer I rise, you fall

News Credits:
    I feel you man. I keep telling people that mpm4 is too small compared to mpm3 and everyone just gets mad and tells me to stop nitpicking.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    But you're just nitpicking though.

• Like Like x 3
  13. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Shut your damn mouth.

News Credits:
    Because there isn't much that can be done about it. "Keep telling people" is far past voicing an opinion, it's becoming whining.

MPM04 is what he is. He's the height he is, the size, and whatever else. It's not going to change. If he's not for you, don't buy it.

I'm.so tired of seeing the bullshit scale discussion when there are so many other actual legitimate complaints about it like it's ability to perform it's purpose, as in, transform properly without modding (if that even works for some owners.)

If size or scale is your issue, wait for an OS KO of it. Or a 3P.

End of speech.

• Like Like x 4
  14. True Savage

True Savage Anti rapid fanbase member

here we go. I love a good scale discussion.

I also love watching the world burn.

what was that 4 bruh.I was just joking.

@Notesandtabs Yeah it is just that prime is to skinny and bumblebee it too bulky so it looks off.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I hope for the rumored next Takara run(February) that if Takara insists on using lighter grey, that they use the grey from 2007 TF1 leader Prime IN ADDITION to that dark ass blue. Hope all design issues are fixed by than and that the factory received an extremely rigorous qc inspection prior to final production.

Has anyone with a Hasbro version spotted a 73 production stamp/number yet? If we even get to a 73 run....if there's still flaws....what the hell.....

I love banning people from threads

• Like Like x 3
  16. eltonlin98

News Credits:
    Let me pin down scale and maybe why some are so up in arms about it, cause it's something I've been thinking about all day (welcome to my no-life)
    So personal bio:
    • grew up with Hot Wheels, primarily some cartoon iterations
    • cars moved too fast to follow on screen lol; more often than not, not every car was on the screen/in the scene at the same time
    • grow accustomed to seeing them in certain 1/64 size next to each other, come to accept this as the "scale"
    • age and realize some car wheelbases (according to bios/infographs) made the 1/64 die-casts inaccurate as all hell, but it's become my standard since I was little
    So if somebody grew up with ROTF Leader Prime (and I'm sure many of us did), I can see why the lack of bulk on MPM-4 would be jarring and a stark contrast. Because you've kinda gotten used to/and have accepted ROTF Leader Prime as the "standard" and the "right size". Even though I kind of realize the ROTF Leader is somewhat bigger than it should be (longer nose), I still gravitate a little more towards that size and heft when thinking about the "definitive" Optimus Prime for my collection. But I agree with MS in how HasTak isn't going to look at us, and say "you know what, they're right about the scale! Let's make new MPM figures that create another new scale altogether!" That's gonna demonstrate inconsistency and shooting themselves in the foot over some detail they can't commit to.

I do hope for a 3rd run of MPM-4, with better door window tolerances, extending smokestacks, and of course the blue roof panels properly done. I'd love to buy another "normal" MPM-4 when it's fixed and compare it to my ongoing custom, as well as invest again into a premium paintjob version and DOTM version. Even though MPM-3 is vastly superior to MPM-4 in my book, there's something inherently good with MPM-4 that I can't deny. And for those that aren't pleased with MPM-4, I sincerely hope that your appreciation can be found in some 3rd party or even a KO of the figure. I don't think it has to be officials this round to appreciate the engineering (though funding the official is the safest bet to let KOs continue lol)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Im pleased with my mpm4 but still gonna buy a ko so i can have one to transform after i finish all the custom work on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    What, we will get a re-issue of the mpm prime or what are you talking about.

19. sadsfas

sadsfas Well-Known Member

So apparently the left (or the passenger side) windshield glass panel is way out of alignment from the hole it's supposed to be situated in.

Any tips on how to align those back? Merely pressing in doesn't help. And I'm not sure if it's been like that from the start or from the times I tried to use my big-ass hairdryer to straighten the ab pieces to no avail. (Or from all the other kinds of abuse.)
    [​IMG]

20. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    To be honest, i think we have been pretty unfair with prime in searching all the inaccuracies and imperfects, yet we don't do the same with all the others figures and third party movies as much as we do with prime.

I can say actually that this is close enough to what we will get officially for a proper movie prime.

Honestly, i can say at least that prime it's more accurate to his cgi model than bee does for his one, but still it's a pretty amazing bee figure.

I hope the guy who designed this prime makes other figures for this line, and i hope they are more properly done in QC build.

All i can say it's that i'm excited for barricade.

BUT PLEASE TAKARA, MAKE A PREMIUM REDECO FOR THIS FIGURE BECAUSE HE NEEDS IT.

• Like Like x 4