First look at MPM Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

I don't understand the discussion here. ROTF Prime has plenty of room for improvement and plenty of compromises for the sake of fitting into a Leader budget with lights and sounds.

• Like Like x 5
  2. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    This is awesome!! I'm so excited for these toys I love movie 1 Optimus Prime the best (more then Transformers #2 - 5, although I like those Primes as well just not as much) I know this is definitely it, I can feel it in my heart & because of MP- Megatron was real, and a few others in the past Alucard has shown us. Looks incredible!!!

TakaraTomy already said its 2007 Optimus Prime. And It's not fake. We already know the damn thing is coming out I'm not sure why ppl are fighting it. Lol

They didn't "screw it up" the TakaraTomy guy mentions that it's a licensed 2010 Camero. So they could have it licensed for the package & ok'ed by GM Motors.

I can see how he transforms. Not every detail but I can make out alot of it just have to have a little imagination to see things like that. You can clearly see his feet will be the grill, the bumper, and the wheels are on his legs, his legs will split open the backs forming the back of the cab, tje fronts will be the undercarriage, the arms will slide out over the hands and become the front amd top, the head will tuck inside, and the wheels on the legs will hinge and swivel down sorta like wei-jiangs, the sides open up, flip around and plug back in where a few parts will flip.out. done.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

Takara announcing MPM Prime =/= this render being real though?
    They might have had to abide by licensing restrictions but it's rather annoying that they had to make the vehicle inaccurate if that is the case.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    For years, I've been saying how great RotF Optimus could have been if not for those stupid electronics. Without that stupid battery box, they could have collapsed the chest so that the upper body didn't share proportions with ^$%#^ing Bay Starscream.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now, the other question that I would love to have answered is if the figure will be in scale with MPM Bee...

Yeah, I personally love the original 2007 Prime the best. Wasn't that big of a fan of the exposed pecs and stylized forearm plates...

Part of the legs forming the cab sounds excellent. That's exactly what I wanted to see out of this new Prime. I only hope they nailed the look of the back as well. The two shoulder blade fins are there, the gas tanks are there, I only want to see if the hitch folds up on his lower back and if they remember to put the two red pieces over the two gas tanks.

Looking at the blurry render, not to push any red buttons, but the head does seem a little bit too small though...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Weijang already did it better than anything we are gonna get from Takara. Even the box it came in is awesome, Velcro tabs and all!! So any other version of any movie Prime is obsolete

• Like Like x 1
  7. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do I have a dejavu with this photo.. Wasnt this photo from the first movie or something

8. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Except weijang pulled a toyworld and made it too big to scale with anything.

• Like Like x 4
  9. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Scales great with gijoes

10. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

Except it doesn't actually have the right alt mode. So... no, I'd say there's plenty of room for more Movie Primes.

• Like Like x 6
  11. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Cab over or gtfo

12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Well the good thing is, we know the designers did not want to design Jetfire around the voicebox because it took away from the toy's design/accuracy. Going with that, maybe they felt the same for Prime(though admittedly they did a much better job hiding the box and combining feature on Prime than Jetfire).

I like the heroic and balanced silhouette of ROTF leader Optimus but it's been almost a decade since that thing was designed. Now that we are getting an MP movie Optimus, I would LOVE to see what Takara came up with this time around. ESPECIALLY since this is a premium line, not a mass market mainline! So expectations are high, I expect this to top ROTF Optimus. If it can be just as solid, less complex with a more pleasant transformation, something just as, if not moreso impressive than MP Inferno, I'll be in love.

Hopefully this figure will be revealed at Australia's Toy Fair, hence the leaked render this week. I just want to see the damn thing, not sure why Hasbro didn't show it at NY Toy Fair. I mean hell, especially since it's said to be movie 1 Optimus...there's no movie spoiler!

What the hell? Why would a reveal for that be held back?

• Like Like x 1
  13. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

You preferring the G1 alt mode doesn't change the fact that an inaccurate alt mode can never be the "definitive" version of the character, but whatever man.

• Like Like x 10
  14. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to mention, Evasion Optimus is a cheat. I don't know about you, but where I come from, winners never cheat and cheaters never prosper. I can never get over all of those faux parts and inaccurate transformation.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I love the Wei Jiang Evasion Optimus, but those faux parts... Prevents him from being the definitive Movie Optimus figure for me.

• Like Like x 3
  16. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The parts feel real to me lol.

17. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The alt mode changes after every movie so what? We are supposed to get four or five versions to get the definitive version? I'm good where I am thank you very much. To each their own

18. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Doesn't matter weijang's evasion mode prime is 1. The wrong model flatnose (not even the right company), 2. The wrong color, 3. Out of scale with all other movie figures, and 4. Doesn't include the correct weapon. He may be YOUR definitive movie prime, but it is well within the rights of everyone here to disagree.

• Like Like x 7
  19. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

I mean, it does scale with HA and might even scale with the new Bumblebee... but that's about it. I have M01 and love him but he is by no means anywhere near an MP.

• Like Like x 4
  20. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    I'm sure you'd say the same thing about silicone, then.
    Doesn't make it true.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.