First look at MPM Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Prime135

Prime135 "Boldly we go"

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017 at 5:05 PM
    • Like Like x 18
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 in 2070 or so

News Credits:
    My spirit animal is near <3 Do y'all see our vigilante in action? He places his watermark TO THE SIDE so as not to obscure our view of the figure. Now who else when previewing figures practices such a courtesy?

From afar it looks like a DMK model kit. Goddamn. What betrays that this figure is more than meets the eye are now the metal bits on his feet and legs.

Gonna be patiently waiting on the alt mode pics :)  My boi NOTRAB is in da haus

@Seth Sunthay I think I'm also beginning to understand now why they didn't paint the piece by his foot blue. It probably wouldn't have blended well with the diecast

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017 at 5:17 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 7
  4. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Not really though..MP10 was originally the same price and my guess is he'll be close to that price again in most areas. And MPM04 will be close to 150 eventually too, since that's exactly what they did with MP10. I'm guessing in a short matter of time they will be worth the exact same. It's probably more about charging money for the character and shelf space then an extra trailer that had little to engineering comparitively.

Aha but he's not! I preordered Sunstreaker for around $87.13usd. I'll be preordering Prime for just about the same amount maybr slightly higher in Japan. (& I'll get the American versions too to have 2 and see what and IF there are differences. Mostly because I want 2 though. I already have 2 Japanese Bumblebees coming my way soon so I'll probably just stick with those.

But my point my brotha is, that your looking at it from a point of an imported price vrs a domestic/teamed up price.

and witg that I'M OFFICIALLY CAUGHT UP WITH THIS THREAD FINALLY! It didn't help my son got dropped off for a week last month when this began, & then again this month (last week) for another 8 day visit. And he wants constant attention so I found myself too tired to read for at least 16 days since this started to really

5. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Ironhide and mpm bee are still cheaper tho.

6. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Ironhide? I'm not sure what you mean I was just trying to be helpful reminding you that it's the import price your reffering to. Ironhide was less then Sunstreaker costing me is that what you mean bro?

7. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Sigmus Prime

Sigmus Prime No Prisoners, Only Trophies

Ebay:
    Not a good thing, in my opinion. Rubber cracks over time, as evident on MP-10. Unless HasTak is using a more resilient rubber now, plastic is my preference.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I mean that ironhide is cheaper than sunstreaker at retail, just that, hehe.

• Like Like x 1
  10. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Oh yea he was. Funny that happened since he is bigger lol. Toy politics and demand maybe? Maybr the lambo license is more expensive or something but I have no clue :/

• Like Like x 1
  11. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, it is worse when you live in humid zones, they tend to break with the time (even in non-transformers figures).

But, it in my Most honest feeling, i love rubber tires >.<

• Like Like x 4
  12. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    In the knterview they said they got problems in the licencing of it, they needed to mantain the accuracy to the real vehicle.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sigmus Prime

Sigmus Prime No Prisoners, Only Trophies

Ebay:
    I do, too, and I'm willing to bet most people do. But IMO it's not worth it if the tires are just going to degrade in a few years.

• Like Like x 1
  14. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 in 2070 or so

News Credits:
    Not sure where y'all are seeing rubber tires. All I see are plastics, which is my personal preference. I think the wheels are too thin to be done in rubber, and if you look on the paint transition from the black to the silver first layer of the hubcaps, it doesn't show any indication of splitting into two pieces of a plastic hubcap x rubber tire (for further reference, think of the "deep dish" on an aftermarket car. That's the part I'm referring to)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, speaking of rubber tires, the only ones that didn't broke are the ones from the (god bless the) Fire Convoy from RID, at least for me, they didn't, but i lost them instead -.-

• Like Like x 1
  16. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    For some people that does happen, huh bro? Heavy play is it? I play with mine all the time though & ALL my figures are fine in that department i wonder why. Some are 20 years old too like Machine Wars Optimus Prime & RiD'00 Scourge. So it might be a thing about your environment. What part of the world do u live in?

17. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Your tires break too? None of mine have ever done that other then my 1960s Gijoe model kits. And yes it is the GIJOE brand just before they did 3.75" but I also have 1000s.if toys too so it's gotta be a environment thing. Idk that for sure though. I also keep alot of my stuff in the packaging afrer done displaying/playing with it.

Oh and to answer the question by @eltonlin98 I an reffering to John Wardens talk about the new Masterpiece Movie Optimus having rubber tires.and diecast..So I'm guessing since it was in his hands when he said it, it's true or at least his copy did?

18. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 in 2070 or so

News Credits:
    Mind linking me to the source? I went back to the MPM 2017 Beijing showcase video and found no evidence of such a statement.

To quote what he said:

Articulated fingers, transforming heads, and even diecast parts. Premium deco and paint, Bumblebee's arm cannon and Prime's energy swords are some of the cool details included

• Like Like x 1
  19. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon

I live in a tropical country and the 20+ year old tires of my Lego Technic are just fine...

Keep rubber away from UV and dry environments and all will be ok!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    My only toy with rubber tires that split was Hybrid Style Convoy.

• Like Like x 1