First look at MPM Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If barricade doesn't get canceled

2. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    I think barricade's a given at this point, bee has sold out almost everywhere that he's been put up for preorder

• Like Like x 2
  3. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hope so. I want the whole 07 cast and ut lockdown. Then I'm out

• Like Like x 3
  4. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Can they successfully chrome diecast that he has to stand on? I'd rethink your decision on that fact alone, plus the possible fact that these things might cost too much to make a second time around until it's special occasion. I hope not, but It's possible these 10th anniversary editions are more costly to make to be able to get the budget to green light them right away again. Bumblebee looked to be higher quality materials then any other masterpiece car. But that's just going by the video we saw. Mainly my point was diecast and chrome in the same spot he stands on, let alone chrome on top of diecast that's transforms/breaks up, in general. ;) 

That's actually accurate to the movie. He did have a wide gap in his chest in alot of the shots. It could move around depending how he was positioned. And toy tech isn't quite there yet to be able that & transform on.the norm.

Absolutely not! They must make sure it's the best possible before they release it. It's no fun to get such a glorious release that was rushed out the door before it was ready with major design flaws.

Yes the door bits IS odd it seems it would be easy to have it flip down from behind and in lots IN MOVIE MOTION STILLS.it certainly has a bend that could make the one faux part a must have to get that look. But as I'm sure your aware they obviously wanted to emit ALL faux parts and go with a real transformation best as possible..Also the hood pieces do in fact come from the back BUT in more then one transformation they come from the front too. It just depends on which transformation your looking at. As I've said before these Cybertronion creatures, for lack of a better word, have a very adaptive/alive like body parts that fit form and morph in any shape so nothing was ever set in stone. I think it also depended on the artist and from what I heard takara THIS is the correct transformation and follows the scene on the interstate before he fights Bonecrusher.

Lastly those square pieces on his arms are completely accurate sans paint. His forearms split down the middle kinda elbow down where the end towards the wrist half, is sealed up with just a seamline. If that makes any sense. I think they should of found a way to flip that piece around so the backside of it is the forearm to keep his arms from being flames in the wrong place. The abdomen ones don't bother me because he has flames there just the opposite end. Which DOES contradict Takara's transformation theory but they were the ones that designed the transformation. Im sure Hasbro's movie team (Bay/Co.) did the paint/deco, so who knows

5. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Talking about the forearms, it actually is in the par compared to the ones from the ROTF leader.

I mean the forearms in the ROTFLC had more flames, but, they're the incorrect flames, while the mpm does have the correct flames, but now they're cropped and the rest is placed in the abs.

Anyway, one complaint i REALLY have with this guy is the lack of paint in some places, even though the paint he already has makes him look beautiful, i guess that will be fixed in the next versions of the mold, sigh..

• Like Like x 2
  6. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 "Boy, you returned for me" - me when MPMs

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    tfw you made a figure too good that you have to cut back on purpose so you have something to improve on in the future

• Like Like x 2
  7. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I suppose it's possible that they orchestrated a way to flip in the hands and have it like that too ? Like I said it's "possible" but it certainly just speculation of 'what could be' on my part ;) 

They have the Chinese edition. ;)  That's the July release date. Japanese is August 25th.i believe (around).

Bumblebee in China is what I was reffering to. Since right before someone was asking about his release. ;)  Prime is definitely still not slated for release, that's correct. :) 

8. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Aaaaah, gotcha

• Like Like x 1
  9. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 20
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  10. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 "Boy, you returned for me" - me when MPMs

News Credits:
    My spirit animal is near <3 Do y'all see our vigilante in action? He places his watermark TO THE SIDE so as not to obscure our view of the figure. Now who else when previewing figures practices such a courtesy?

From afar it looks like a DMK model kit. Goddamn. What betrays that this figure is more than meets the eye are now the metal bits on his feet and legs.

Gonna be patiently waiting on the alt mode pics :)  My boi NOTRAB is in da haus

@Seth Sunthay I think I'm also beginning to understand now why they didn't paint the piece by his foot blue. It probably wouldn't have blended well with the diecast

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 7
  12. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Not really though..MP10 was originally the same price and my guess is he'll be close to that price again in most areas. And MPM04 will be close to 150 eventually too, since that's exactly what they did with MP10. I'm guessing in a short matter of time they will be worth the exact same. It's probably more about charging money for the character and shelf space then an extra trailer that had little to engineering comparitively.

Aha but he's not! I preordered Sunstreaker for around $87.13usd. I'll be preordering Prime for just about the same amount maybr slightly higher in Japan. (& I'll get the American versions too to have 2 and see what and IF there are differences. Mostly because I want 2 though. I already have 2 Japanese Bumblebees coming my way soon so I'll probably just stick with those.

But my point my brotha is, that your looking at it from a point of an imported price vrs a domestic/teamed up price.

and witg that I'M OFFICIALLY CAUGHT UP WITH THIS THREAD FINALLY! It didn't help my son got dropped off for a week last month when this began, & then again this month (last week) for another 8 day visit. And he wants constant attention so I found myself too tired to read for at least 16 days since this started to really

13. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ironhide and mpm bee are still cheaper tho.

14. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Ironhide? I'm not sure what you mean I was just trying to be helpful reminding you that it's the import price your reffering to. Ironhide was less then Sunstreaker costing me is that what you mean bro?

15. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Sigmus Prime

Sigmus Prime Seein' Spots!

Not a good thing, in my opinion. Rubber cracks over time, as evident on MP-10. Unless HasTak is using a more resilient rubber now, plastic is my preference.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I mean that ironhide is cheaper than sunstreaker at retail, just that, hehe.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Oh yea he was. Funny that happened since he is bigger lol. Toy politics and demand maybe? Maybr the lambo license is more expensive or something but I have no clue :/

• Like Like x 1
  19. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, it is worse when you live in humid zones, they tend to break with the time (even in non-transformers figures).

But, it in my Most honest feeling, i love rubber tires >.<

• Like Like x 5
  20. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In the knterview they said they got problems in the licencing of it, they needed to mantain the accuracy to the real vehicle.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.