First look at MPM Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Megatron118

Megatron118 I <3 Linkin Park

Can the mods change the title to reflect that this isn't our "first look" anymore? While we do still need better pics of the figure properly transformed, we know what this product is now. So this should just become the dedicated MPM Optimus thread.

• Like Like x 4
  2. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    please show what you mean I don't see any difference wjen I compared hin to the cgi model and to stills on my TV. However I'm willing to give you the benefit of doubt

3. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    That's how they were in the first movue rhe definitely "jutted" out just like that

4. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Professional Novice

News Credits:
    I guess it depends on your definition of "jutted" lol.

I dug through TFW's screencaptures of the movie and found these two pictures. I could find more but just for quick reference. Yes Prime's chest hood does "jut" out but the CGI makes it a lot more streamline and compact. To me, it angles in more and the actual hood section does not have nearly as much depth as on the MPM figure.

transformers-blu-ray-0673.jpg transformers-blu-ray-0923.jpg mpmsize-01.jpg

I get what Has/Tak did to make Prime's transformation "accurate" by having the actual hood of the truck become his chest, unlike what the leader mold did. It's a commendable effort and it to get it as close as they did in plastic form shows some good engineering. I personally don't like it that much but I won't knock it for those that do.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The scale in the movies definitely is inconsistent, but k would like to see how tall could be my boi ironhide.

6. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 I'm a schoolgirl on the inside. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How could the scale in the movies be i consistant if they used the same CG models for every scene?

I mean, Grindo was oversized, and was also listed as being a Sea Stallion(which were smaller then MH-53s) but they are consistant shot to shot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer I rise, you fall

News Credits:
    The size of the cg models are occasionally tweaked for dramatic effect.

8. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Professional Novice

News Credits:
    The screenshots I included also highlights the use of perspective in the movies. Ratchet seems taller than usual in the first shot since he's in front of Prime. I think the sizes seem to be more wacky because they are creating these robots from nothing but CG. If you were to put actual people in the same positions our eyes would be able to perceive the heights better.

Lots of mind games with the movies.

• Like Like x 3
  9. blackjack32

blackjack32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HK retailers have started accepting pre-orders, so Hasbro Asia is definitely past that stage. I think that this MPM is a bit different from usual because they are aiming for a simultaneous worldwide release, so perhaps Hasbro Asia is not releasing stock to US e-tailers like BBTS.

• Like Like x 2
  10. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Ok but think of it this way guys. Ok let's just say 2 reasons. One is you order the Masterpiece so you sell the ROTF/DOTM mold.

2 things can happen. *ONE*, you sell the ROTF and all'a sudden there is too much demand for the Masterpiece and they cancel your order. THEN you find out there was a shortage and because of that ppl are holding on right to their leader class molds.

OR

You order the toy you know it's coming so you sell off the Leader Class ROTF/DOTM to pay for costs or because you don't like having 2 in a collection (whatever the case may be). But when you get the toy it totally isn't what you wanted, it's a floppy mess and won't stand up well, and is NOT a solid figure. You wish you at least had your ROTF back buy everyone by that point has found out the bad news and won't sell their leader class.

I don't think these will happen but im.just saying good reasons NOT to sell your old toys OR you been collecting as long as me (20+ years I'm 40 :lol ) & know in the future u are gonna wish u never sold it.

11. True Savage

True Savage Roast master and Anti rapid fanbase member

Judging by some pics,I think it will be a floppy mess

12. Megatron118

Literally every single picture has the figure mistransformed—there is no indication whatsoever that it will be a floppy mess. Just look at the picture for ROTF Prime on the back of its original box, and compare it to the proper transformation. Same story here with MPM Prime

• Like Like x 2
  13. True Savage

I went by some pics of fully transformed.The one with girl had her holding it in way that wade it seem like she was trying to support it and the whole looked like it was falling over under his own weight.There was another one that looked like the guy was supporting it with his hand and even then it could barley hold a pose.

14. Megatron118

That's not properly transformed at all, I don't know where you're getting these ideas from. You're only making conjectures

• Like Like x 1
  15. True Savage

still.Its transformed enough where we can see the limbs if the limbs are floppy or not.

I am still gonna wait for reviews but I might stick to the rotf optimus only because of the size

16. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The limbs are definitely not floppy
    downloadfile-5 (4)-1-1.jpg
    And is the same size as the leader class
    18195128_209921266179525_9196985061919567069_n.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  17. Megatron118

....you aren't making any sense dude, I'm sorry. There is NO proof that any of the joints are loose.

You can see from the stock photography quite clearly that the knees have ratchet joints. Okay, sure, so it's been moving by one click when the guy is holding the figure. Big deal.

• Like Like x 1
  18. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Also, stock photography of these things tends to not be done with final samples. Sometimes I think they even use painted prototypes. So you can't really judge looseness.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Megatron118

This is true, considering the prototype has different colors from the stock photos

• Like Like x 1
  20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon

Maybe this figure is filled with ratchets just like the rotf figure? I really hope that is the case!