First look at MPM Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The screenshots I included also highlights the use of perspective in the movies. Ratchet seems taller than usual in the first shot since he's in front of Prime. I think the sizes seem to be more wacky because they are creating these robots from nothing but CG. If you were to put actual people in the same positions our eyes would be able to perceive the heights better.

Lots of mind games with the movies.

• Like Like x 4
  2. blackjack32

blackjack32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HK retailers have started accepting pre-orders, so Hasbro Asia is definitely past that stage. I think that this MPM is a bit different from usual because they are aiming for a simultaneous worldwide release, so perhaps Hasbro Asia is not releasing stock to US e-tailers like BBTS.

• Like Like x 2
  3. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Ok but think of it this way guys. Ok let's just say 2 reasons. One is you order the Masterpiece so you sell the ROTF/DOTM mold.

2 things can happen. *ONE*, you sell the ROTF and all'a sudden there is too much demand for the Masterpiece and they cancel your order. THEN you find out there was a shortage and because of that ppl are holding on right to their leader class molds.

OR

You order the toy you know it's coming so you sell off the Leader Class ROTF/DOTM to pay for costs or because you don't like having 2 in a collection (whatever the case may be). But when you get the toy it totally isn't what you wanted, it's a floppy mess and won't stand up well, and is NOT a solid figure. You wish you at least had your ROTF back buy everyone by that point has found out the bad news and won't sell their leader class.

I don't think these will happen but im.just saying good reasons NOT to sell your old toys OR you been collecting as long as me (20+ years I'm 40 :lol ) & know in the future u are gonna wish u never sold it.

4. True Savage

True Savage Banned

Judging by some pics,I think it will be a floppy mess

5. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Literally every single picture has the figure mistransformed—there is no indication whatsoever that it will be a floppy mess. Just look at the picture for ROTF Prime on the back of its original box, and compare it to the proper transformation. Same story here with MPM Prime

• Like Like x 3
  6. True Savage

True Savage Banned

I went by some pics of fully transformed.The one with girl had her holding it in way that wade it seem like she was trying to support it and the whole looked like it was falling over under his own weight.There was another one that looked like the guy was supporting it with his hand and even then it could barley hold a pose.

7. Megatron118

News Credits:
    That's not properly transformed at all, I don't know where you're getting these ideas from. You're only making conjectures

• Like Like x 2
  8. True Savage

True Savage Banned

still.Its transformed enough where we can see the limbs if the limbs are floppy or not.

I am still gonna wait for reviews but I might stick to the rotf optimus only because of the size

9. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The limbs are definitely not floppy
    downloadfile-5 (4)-1-1.jpg
    And is the same size as the leader class
    18195128_209921266179525_9196985061919567069_n.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Megatron118

News Credits:
    ....you aren't making any sense dude, I'm sorry. There is NO proof that any of the joints are loose.

You can see from the stock photography quite clearly that the knees have ratchet joints. Okay, sure, so it's been moving by one click when the guy is holding the figure. Big deal.

• Like Like x 2
  11. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Also, stock photography of these things tends to not be done with final samples. Sometimes I think they even use painted prototypes. So you can't really judge looseness.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Megatron118

News Credits:
    This is true, considering the prototype has different colors from the stock photos

• Like Like x 2
  13. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Maybe this figure is filled with ratchets just like the rotf figure? I really hope that is the case!

14. Megatron118

News Credits:
    @Actar Upon close inspection, I think your photoshop from a handful of pages back is possible. In other words, I do think the chest can compress nicely. Granted, I'm not sure if the chest panels can come closer together necessarily, but given the fact that they are inherently angled, if they are pushed down vertically to sit lower, then they will naturally come closer on their own.

I do not own nor understand how to use photoshop, but if you look at the bright stock photo on the first page, you can see that while the blue parts of the chest panels may not be able to clip over that bar like we initially thought, it definitely can sit lower. In fact, the distance the little blue fins can be displaced is exactly equal to the blue fins a level above that. Combining this with the knowledge that those gray pieces under the windows can be hidden by the abs and then the abs subsequently tab in, I think those windows will cover the centered gray collar piece like you were hoping. Maybe not to the degree you were hoping, but it's better than nothing.

I hope this was descriptive enough. I think some of my physics vocabulary began to surface while trying to explain it as coherently as I could without pictures lolololol. If there's any work left to be done on more photoshops, perhaps this can help? But bottom line is, I think your predicted transformation picture won't be too far off—not exact, but close

• Like Like x 3
  15. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I don't. I think it's been in design and testing for awhile. But im not saying your wrong just u have no faith and i'm curious, do you buy all the new Japanese market stuff like I basically do now? Especially the Masterpieces that hsve been coming out?

(Not trying to dissolve u im.actually curious because if you did you might not feel that way. Possibly it's why I ask;)  )

16. Megatron118

News Credits:
    I doubt it. I think he was making statements based on some bad pictures

• Like Like x 2
  17. True Savage

True Savage Banned

Well judging by this...
    The arms atleast seem a little loose.

18. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    So what. It's a prototype.

• Like Like x 3
  19. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 "Boy, you returned for me" - me when MPMs

News Credits:
    Bro, at this point you're just going out on a limb (pun intended)

I don't believe this Prime can holster steel beams, but I don't see any evidence it can't at least hold up its weight. If I dropped in a picture like this, can't I argue that this Prime has weak arms because the left one is askew?
    [​IMG]

Can't forget that these event reps (no disrespect) have probably never handled a TF figure prior, or do not understand the intricate workings of the figure as well as an enthusiast might.

But let's say hypothetically, you're correct, the figure's a fixer upper at best and a shoddy prototype. Doesn't say anything about the mass release version. I'd say it's still too early to make the call on the figure's QC. I think a much more fair assessment can be made after Tokyo Toy Fair 2017, or at least a video such as MPM-03's presentation where the designer personally showed off the figure and its features

• Like Like x 4
  20. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    They seem loose because they are not tabbed in. Just look at the chest. When the chest is folded right, the shoulders tab in and you get stable arms.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.