First Look at Movie Scorponok in CGI

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ZeroMayhem, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I like it. I think the movie will be kissass visualwise and I am sure the CG won't be bad either. I do hope the story and the acting will be up to par otherwise this movie will be nothing more than eye candy.

2. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Meh, everything I hate about this film in one picture. Scorpy is probably the design I hate the most of all, overbusy as it is, and it's the one that really puts a lie to the repeated statements made by the filmmakers that this has anything to do with the characters.

Phazer

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Awesomeness. That's going to look pretty amazing in motion. Looks sort of like Beast Wars Scorponok gone Transmetal, on steroids.

4. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Looks pretty cool.

5. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I for one am getting more enthused about seeing this film.

And I'll still be saving the 'doom and nay-saying' until after I've seen it.

It's getting repetitive like this ----->>> :horse: 

6. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I had to laugh at it when I looked at the eyes. It almost looks like a funny photoshop mod or something with those 2 strait stripes in combination with the funny lips. Heck, I have a hard enough time just trying to describe the face becauce it really has no face. Just a buch of parts. But if you look hard enough knowing about facial features it looks like a comedic drawing.

And so much for "realism" which was their excuse for drastic alterations in The Transformers. Can't see how a giant alien Scorpian has any thing to do with a realistic "desguise".

7. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

Sweeeeeeet. That pic is so begging for a caption contest.

8. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Word. Repeated lies they have stated over and over. This is exhibit #345 and counting of evidence.

9. hotrod5749

hotrod5749 Mildily Handsome

Ebay:
    Scroponok and TFs for sale.

Looks pretty cool. Scorponok is my favorite Transformer. Probabaly because I got him as a surprise gift as a child. Hey guys, if anyone is looking for a Fort Max or anything, check out my auctions. I am selling my Transformers collection, got to move on and need the money. I'll be posting a TON of transformers and more in the coming weeks leading to xmas. Email me if you have any questions.

10. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I am with you brother.

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks killer! :thumb 

12. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Well I like this design, along with the various asthetic designs from all the shows and toys throughout the past 22 years that have delt with the subject of cybertronians interacting with and without humanity.

Awesome

I gotta feeling that seeing this in motion will only raise my pulse all the way to eleven.

Seriously, imagine this on the big screen, with surround sound in motion...

:rock 

13. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

This picture is everything that I love about this movie so far, and I'm glad that virtually every post has been positive for once. (Aside from the standard doom-sayers who act like they know better than us.)

14. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

As am I.

Realism my a$$. A robotic scorpion the size of a car is anything but that.

As long as it makes a boatload of cash, who cares if they lie or the movie sucks.

Oh, and so what if people don't like it? It's too bad people have opintions, huh?

The whining isn't any better than the constant dickriding of the clowns making this film.

Oh well. Here's hoping this movie is worth all the nonsense.

15. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as I understand, him being a scorpion isn't a disguise. It's his attack mode, it's just that his happens to be scorpionoid while most of the other characters have humanoid modes. I mean it hardly looks like he needs to be blending in right at that moment lol

16. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Looks awesome. I can not wait to take my kids to see this movie.

17. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

shame on all of you "transfans" who still think this is a transformers movie.

18. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    And shame on all you stuck-ups who think it isn't. :rolleyes: 

19. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

1. It looks cheap. B-movie cheap. It nearly looks as if it's just a bunch of metal shards hanging (symetrically) together by accident. Doesn't seem to be very advanced.
    2. It's as realistic as something out of Wild Wild West or Mad Max. Not very.
    3. It's pretty flimsy, heck it even doesn't seem to be very well armored, which is what a Scorpion should be. You can see right through it all over the place.
    4. It's not a good disguise. It's actually a piss poor disguise.
    5. It isn't reminding of any of the old Scorponoks, as such it doesn't deserve the name. Bit of a waste of the big names the Scorponoks has and their characterisations tbh.
    6. He looks far too droney. Being an arachnid (not a bug ;p) he'll basically be the only 'animal' TF. That fact alone makes him feel more like a drone. Which is an insult to the other Scorponoks as far as I'm concerned and a waste of screentime.
    7. He's still for some reason taking the place of about 80 random other Decepticons that ARE well known by name, could have filled the same role (or more) but don't get any spotlight due to some random freak like the above. Sad.
    8. It's not practical. Those sharp paws will just sink into the loose desert sand under that weight. This is NOT a very small, light weight arachnid that can distribute its mass on 6 small legs (note that the feet don't even look like scorpion feet). But who cares, as long as it looks lethal, right? Realism again only applicable when it's handy, but when it conflicts with looking more dangerous because it has knives for paws... :/

Btw, yes those are the 'eyes', if it was part of the arm it'd be on the other side As well. Instead, you have this... mouth... thing... and all that. In any case, for myself it confirms some of the things I suspected on how it'd look animated: incoherent. I hate to be right in that perspective. :/

20. hordeprime

hordeprime In Spite of the System

Seriously, all this talk about "they said it would be realistic" and using that statement to "prove" that the TF designs such as this one are sub-par is REALLY aggravating. "Realistic" was always the word used to describe the transformations and the bot modes, meaning they weren't going to look like boxy anime cartoons. No one said that they wanted to achieve absolute realism. If they did, we could have laughed, because how in hell do you do a film like this and claim that ANYTHING is real? You can't. But what you CAN do is use the realism benchmark to make things more believable. And that is what they have done.

Plus! All of you that look at this screenshot and suddenly think you can start posting the "See! Look! It sucks! And shame on you for liking it!" crap need to start questioning your own comments. "That doesn't look like a Transformer!" or "If no one had told me this was TF I wouldn't have figure that out!" don't really make a whole lot of sense. Really. Scorponok doesn't look like a TF? Really? You really think so? Hm. Well, he sure looks like an insect robot, and I seem to recall these TF's called INSECTICONS, sooo ... What was your argument, again?

Seriously, it's not people's positive or negative opinions that bother me, but rather the fact that rarely anyone really backs up anything they claim. They come on the forums and say "Hahaha Starship Troopers! HAHAHAHAH!" even though it's been said by ten other equally-original members instead of giving some kind of useful opinion.

In the words of McDonalds...
    "Lovin' it!"