First Image of Prime Takara Skywarp??

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Goldlock, Feb 1, 2012.

1. supergodginrai

supergodginrai Member

Hasbro doesn't get it.

Wow, looks like another year where people will collect takara over Hasbro.
    Hasbro you are out of touch and just don't get it.

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm not sure about Toy Fair since that's a retailers only sort of thing and companies don't really answer many questions unless they need to as part of the promotion of a toy line.

It's a ways off but I think the better chance is Bot Con. It's a good chance for fans to let Hasbro know what they are interested in so if enough fans show an interest in it Hasbro might consider it's something to look into. If nothing else it gives some fan a good question for the Q&A panel.

3. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree. It really does come off as "purple starscream" more than a seeker brother.

4. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

One of the reasons why Hasbro will always make Starscream figures (outside of the character's popularity) is the wide variety of repaints that naturally come out of the mold. It is unreasonable to expect a new mold for Skywarp, who has always been a generic villain.

5. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    I don't understand all of the "this doesn't look like Skywarp it looks like purple Starscream" talk.

For the most part, Skywarp has ALWAYS been "purple Starscream""

G1 Cartoon: Skywarp=Purple and Black Starscream

G1 Toy: Skywarp= Purple and Black Starscream

Classics Toys: Skywarp= Purple and Black Starscream

Animated Cartoon: Skywarp= Purple and Black Starscream

Animated Toy: Skywarp= Purple and Black Starscream

Prime Toy: Skywarp= Purple and Black Starscream

For close to 30 years now, Skywarp IS Starscream in purple and black and yet you have boardmembers posting in this thread saying that this doesn't evoke Skywarp....it evokes purple Starscream??

Makes zero sense.

6. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As expected the Starscream mold would get many straight repaints.
    Still i'm curious about the additional mini-con partners that come with JPN versions.

I wonder if that'll be much better than the Hasbro versions

7. Louk

Louk Well-Known Member

Guys, Guys, lets stick to whats important here.

Targetmaster Minicons which resemble their show weapons. My god man.

8. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

I think what everyone is saying is that in the prime universe, the starscream mold has so much personality as starscream that it is hard to see the mold as any other character even though skywarp is in fact just black and purple starscream.

Now that that's out of the way.

I hope that they have all these weapons available with the other capsule toys. Or at the very least, someone puts out a box set of them.

9. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Personality as Starscream? What does that even mean? By that logic, then Animated Skywarp didn't fit either. (which it did.)

Starscream has always been his own unique character with the rest of the seekers being straight repaints of him.

10. stormbringer251

stormbringer251 Well-Known Member

I've come to expect Takara versions, to always be better than Hasbro versions at this point.

11. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally agree, Starscream has always had more personality than the other two. Doesn't make any less accurate that SW and TC are just SS repaints.

12. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guess I'm getting Ratchet jp version. Not sure how I feel about everyone else.

13. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, the mold has personality, where as other incarnations, specifically G1 have been generic plane-robot transformer molds.

This design is sleek, slender, lanky, hunchbacked, and really fitted around Starscreams "snakey" personality. So, repaints of it don't fly as well as more generic molds.

14. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Oh hot DAMN I hope this gets released stateside. That little "spider" Micron looks cool, and of course the new deco.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Wow, those are some awesome looking Microns. Better yet, I'm guessing we're saying goodbye to Micron hardpoints and instead using the mechtech/5 mm system now.

Man, I was thinking I'd skip the majority of Prime just because the show does so little for me most of the time, but here I am thinking about getting some of Takara's products on top of some Hasbro ones. Terrorcon Cliff and Skywarp (I'm a Skywarp nut) specifically.

16. Lucid Dreamer

Lucid Dreamer Oneironaut

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More like the fans never seem to understand that they're just the periphery demographic, and aren't what Hasbro's banking on, anyways.

Case in point.

18. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah that certainly is the powerizer gimmick there. What's strange is how the new silhouette has arm kibble that looks like he has wings on it when any wing part should be easily movable to the back, where the main two struts are. It seems a step back from the original prototype we saw.

What scares me more is that we saw a voyager Skyquake, who had no gimmick like this. I wonder where the heck he is going to fit in the line, if at all.

Anyway these minicons are awesome. Characters that form show accurate weapons. Whoever had this idea needs a couple cookies.

19. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Definitely not included. If Prime revealers had minicons included I could forgive the flaws of the the smaller figures a ton more for needing to include that with the costs.

But the hasbro side of retail gets weapons that japan won't have (at least not yet). Japanese consumers pay a lot more so they likely need this Feature just to make the new molds appealing over there.

Our PRID weapons makes for a lower parts count so hasbro can save some money on production, but in some ways it actually is more the spirit of Prime to have those solid weapons. Ratchets Arm Blades are rather nice for a show accurate display. Rather than the minicons that are awesome in kind of the old galaxy force way.

Curious about that upcoming bulkhead with the minicon possibly being a new mold bulkhead.

I think the minicon weapons would be a great mail away for hasbro.
    Buy a couple prime figures, put your receipts together with an order form and then pay $10 for shipping and handling of the set. (probably with a coupon packed in to make it free)

20. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This seems like the perfect time to bring back the MiniCon three packs from Armada and Classics (and round out a line that has no Basics as of yet outside of Cyberverse Leader figures).

Between these and the Capsule toys I'm counting 16 new figures. I'm sure they can find 2 more, which would make 6 packs of three.